Saturday, July 12, 2008

How Mac won my heart forever

Last night as I was playing with my computer it froze up and then died. It would only get a white screen and I knew that wasn't good. So we made an appointment at a Apple store today and went to see what was wrong. It was probably one of the worse things that can happen to a computer complete hard drive failure. So they would have to replace the hard drive. Now normally this news would have reduced me to tears, all the pictures I have taken of E are solely on this computer, but you see this computer is backed up. Apple in their wisdom created a thing called time capsule that would back up your hard drive every day as long as it is hooked to an external hard drive. They make this even easier by selling a wireless router with a hard drive called the airport extreme time capsule. We have this so my computer is completely backed up. So they changed out the hard drive and we came home with my lap top. Brad hooked it up to the time capsule and two hours later my lap top was handed back to me as if nothing ever had happened. Even the wallpaper was how I left it. When I came to sign in here it had even replaced my cookies. What a relief to not have to remember all my sites and passwords and try to get everything back. While it sucks that my hard drive crashed it was all covered under warranty and so all this experience cost us was 5 bucks for parking near the Apple store. After this I have decided I will never go back to a pc again, it just isn't nearly as easy.

2 comments:

mama biscuit said...

Wow, how cool is that. Ya gotta love it when a bad situation turns out well and with very little pain and misery.

I've been struggling with the whole PC vs Mac thing. I'd like to try Mac but have never even seen one. I need to make a decision though. It was announced in photoshop class the other night that our teacher fought with Adobe and convinced them that we should be able to purchase CS3 at student discount even though we aren't official full time students.

Anyway, I'm glad you're back online.

Karin said...

Tysgirl- Since the main thing you do with your computer is photo processing I would highly recommend the mac. Brad who is a professional photoshop user said he was amazed at how much better photoshop worked on the mac than the pc. Also the mac is so damn easy to use! I love mine. Our next door neighbor is all mac and he one leading authorities in photoshop in the world and even teaches the advanced photoshop class at the Santa Fe photographic workshops. Also with CS3 make sure you get light room. ANyway if you have any questions you can email me or Brad as he could really walk you through the advantages of mac over pc. Granted pc's are cheaper but it is worth the extra price for the mac in my opinion.