Wednesday, April 26, 2006

No I didn't die

So I know I have been awol from here for awhile and all I can say is that I am sorry. I don't expect it will get much better until after the wedding though so don't get your hopes up too high. My best friend Susan is flying in as we speak and we will spent the day together today and then head to Vegas for my bacholerette party this weekend. I wouldn't count on seeing picture evidence of our time there though, you know the rules. I will try to post when I can from now until the wedding as there will be a 3 week silence from me after the wedding. I will post lots of pictures when I return though.

The last up too long post spurred two questions from most of you, the first how I caught on fire. I was to light the last candle at the Thespian Society induction and I was wearing one of those string friendship bracelets that were all the rage in the late 80's early 90's. I had to reach over all the other candles to light mine and when I did so my bracelet dangled into the other candles and caught on fire. Yes it was in front of a lot of people and yes I was very embarrassed. Thankfully my teacher responded very quickly and put me out before my skin actually burned. I have never again wore a friendship bracelet. Come to think of it that may have been the last time I wore any bracelet. I will have to think about that.

The second question was how I accidentally stole something. When I was a teen stores would have sales all the time with limits on them, like soda limit two cases. When this would happen my Mom would stock up on soda but she would bring me so I could get in one line and buy the limit and she would get in another line to buy the limit. My mom handed me the money and sent me to the register. She was still doing something in the back of the store and I went to the front. Not thinking I went right out the door and to the car without ever paying for the soda. I got to the car and started to unload the soda into the trunk, when I saw that I still had the cash in my hand that I was suppose to use to pay for the soda. I wasn't sure what to do but I knew there was no way I wanted to get caught stealing so I put the soda back into the cart and wheeled it back into the store and then into a check out line. As I was paying for the soda the cashier put a thing of tape across the top and said this is so security doesn't stop you for shoplifting. I laughed at that. I put the soda in the car and came back in and told my mom the whole story. She said I should have just left them in the car and not paid for them. I was shocked, this was the same woman who became the scariest thing I had ever seen when my oldest brother got caught stealing and there was no way I wanted to incur that wrath. We did get a good laugh out of the whole situation afterwards. Since I did end up paying for the soda though I am not sure it counts as shoplifting.

4 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

Wow, your gonna be a mrs soon, I have butterflies in my belly Im so happy for you darling. Good luck :-)

Lots of love from fairy and me XxX

eyes_only4him said...

so what is the exact dte of this wedding?

I would of left them in the car too..but we all know I am going to hell anyway:)

The Q said...

Yup! What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. My best friend (the one who spells her first name the exact way that you do AND who I now know has the exact same MIDDLE name as you too!) had her bacholerette in Vegas.

We had fun, I'm sure you will too :-)

Disneysue said...

I know what happened in Vegas! But Im not tellin! What about "sampling" the braches candy as a wee lass? See ya in 2 weeks!