Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Time savers

So Brad takes a class on Wednesday nights and so he doesn't get home until almost 10. On those nights I try to hold out and eat dinner with him but I don't want to make a big meal so late at night. So I have found Bertolli meals for 2 in a bag. They are the best thing ever and cook in just a few minutes. The portion is a good size and the meals are tasty. I would say if you want a quick meal for 2 people you should definitely try these. I love stuff like this and so I thought I would ask, what product do you use that saves you time and is worth the price?

On Saturday my fight against Brad's cold came to an end and I lost. I have had a head on the verge of explosion since then. I am finally feeling better today and I can actually breathe through my nose. I have gently explained to Brad that he is not to bring home any more germs and if he does I will kill him. I have bought a vaporizer and it really helped me to sleep through the night. It has also helped with Brad's snoring so maybe it was what we needed all along.

Well I think I am going to go now. I don't have much else to say and I feel like baking so there might be chocolate chip cookies in my future. I will know if Brad has read this by how quickly he looks passed me and starts searching for cookies.

12 comments:

erik said...

I don't know much about timesaving meals, but chocolate chip cookies are always a good idea!

The Q said...

Shit, did you say cookies? Can I come over?

eyes_only4him said...

hmm, I have never heard of them meals...I might have to search that out..

and i am with JD, i love me some cookies too;)

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

I buy the perfect portion perdue seasoned chicken breasts. They come in a pack of 6 and are individually wrapped and cook up real quick. In fact, we are having teriyaki ones tonight!

Hope you get to feeling better and send me some of those cookies!!

Disneysue said...

I think my BEST time saving meal ever is having someone else cook it for me!

Man oh man, I have not baked cookies since Thanksgiving! I made peanut butter chocolate chip one then, they are definately cookies that you need a tall glass of ice cold moo juice with!

SassyFemme said...

We do the Bertolli meals, too. That's about the only frozen meal thing we do because of the sodium. If we want a quick meal we'll do scrambled hamburg, empty 'sghetti (spaghetti with just butter, parm, and salt/pepper) and corn niblets.

As for the cookies, we got the Toll House squares, just break apart and pop into the oven! Dangerously yummy!

Michele_3 said...

Take-out is our best timesaving meals-LOL!
Bertoli bags sound good- I'll have to try it..
I'm a cookie monster! I love them-all kinds! send some my way!
:)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I love those Bertolli meals, they are very good.

I like to use those new Ore Ida Roasted Potatoes. They taste great and are so quick and easy to make and my 6 year old loves them, so, that's a bonus.

keesh said...

not cooking at all saves me time :). Ok, I cook sometimes but usually they are easy meals like chicken. I am not kitchen friendly. I do LOVE to bake though and we baked cookies on Sunday. My son and I...what type of store do you grocery shop at out in the big CA?

Anonymous said...

Well i'm single so my quick meals are often a bowl of cereal or a sandwich.. or of course the trusty take out that is bound to kill any diet lol. But seriously why did you have to mention the tasty choc chip cookies.. now I am dying for one :( I bet yours are good too :)

Michele_3 said...

Hey Karin!
email me when you get a chance, It is on my blog- I wanted to ask you something!!
Take Care!
:)

Jenn said...

Wow, If a real chef likes those frozen Bertolli packages they must be good. I like Japanese yakisoba noodles. I know which ones are good because I had a Japanese roommate. I'd tell you what they are, but it's written in Japanese.