Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ok I have issues

So the baby shower went great and Elijah made out like a bandit! It looks like a baby store threw up in our house. It was nice to see all the females of my family. I will however give a word of warning to all the gift givers that read here. A lot of stores have recently changed their return policies to be ridiculously restrictive. Without a receipt stores will no longer offer return or exchanges of any kind for items over 40 bucks. I know I always try to give a gift receipt but sometimes I may forget. It is very tacky to have to go back to someone who lovely gave you a gift and ask for a receipt because for whatever reason they need to make a return. I know that Target is one of these companies and they will do nothing to help you if you don't have a receipt or if the item has been in your possesion for more than 90 days. I received a highchair from my aunt that I really don't have room for so I was going to exchange it for the swing in the same line for the same price, Target would not do it. I finally called my Aunt and explained the situation and she luckily still had the receipt and is mailing it to me so that I can make the exchange, but I felt terrible telling her I couldn't use something she put so much thought into. So if you all have time could you also draft letters to Target and any other company with similar policies telling them that you disapprove of their practices and will no longer purchase high ticket items from their store. I feel like with only my complaint nothing will change but with hundreds of complaints they may rethink their policy.

Last night we went to our child birth class. We had a sub instructor and she had us all on the floor doing exercises. She decided to do a demo and walked up to me and asked "may I touch your feet?" Now we all know my complete anti fetish to feet and so for a half second I thought maybe I can let her do it, but the next second my brain screamed No! Unforunately my brain didn't tell my mouth to say it better so I blurted a stern No. Everyone in the class was so shocked at my out burst that they started laughing hysterically. I was so embarrassed. Why me though she had 17 other pregnant ladies to choose that don't have my issues why in the world would she single me out. Oh well Brad got a good laugh out of it at my expense. So if you were wondering how deep my feet issues run now you know I will risk total humiliation to save my feet from being touched.

8 comments:

Disneysue said...

Well, Im glad your Aunt still had the receipt for the chair. Still, how incredibly horrid that Target forced you to do that. Stupid corporate junkies!

mama biscuit said...

I do not shop for a gift somewhere that does not offer gift receipts. Expecially for a baby or wedding shower where you know there are going to end up being doubles.

You know you're going to have to touch your son's feet, don't you? Baby's feet amaze me, they never touch the floor for months but yet somehow they manage to get funk between their toes!

Michele_3 said...

I agree, the exchange policies get really out of hand, so I usually just buy giftcards for special occasions for friends & family. It is much easier for the mom -to- be to just pick whatever she may still need..

Michele_3 said...

how are you feeling? getting closer & closer...
:)

Anonymous said...

LMAO!

Paulinha said...

Hi Karin,
I reckon the class you're taking is an awesome idea!!! I'm sure you must have heaps and heaps of questions about how to be a mum. And that's normal, right? But it should be fun too sharing al these questions with other parents.
I'm glad your baby is doing great!!
I can't wait for him to come to this world. Not too long now, huh??
BTW, thanks for your concern about the accident in Brazil. It was very sad, and it drives me insane the fact that things like that in Brazil happen because of politians' lack of care. I hate Brazilan politicians!!!
I hope one day we'll have a chance in this country...
You take care and great to hear your news.
Beijos

eyes_only4him said...

i love haveing my feet rubbed, my probelem is no one will do it..

I agree about the taking gifts back thing...give the reciept people..

I have wrote many letters to Taret, trust me, nothing will change

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

I had the same problem. I got about 3 of the same item and could not return not a one. I ended up donating them to a women's shelter.

Your time's getting near!! I'm getting so excited for you!!!