Sunday, September 23, 2007

Day 8 and counting

So it seems as though my little man is quite comfortable staying in my womb. We are now at day 8 past my due date. To say I am frustrated is an understatement. It isn't so much that I am uncomfortable, because honestly I am far more comfortable than I would have expected to be at this point, but I am just so ready to be done. I will say though as each day passes I get a little more uncomfortable and a lot more cranky. I do ok during the day but the nights are terrible. I get about 10 minute stretches of sleep at a time and wake up in pain, nausea or with over active brain. I am guessing that it is just as well that everyone else is sound asleep at those times because my mood during those hours is not fit for companionship.

Nothing else really to say, my life is in a holding pattern and I am doing not much until I am finally cleared for take off. When the baby does decide to come you may not see an update here but you will see the news posted at Tysgirls blog and more than likely on Susan's blog as well. The links to these sites are to the side so you can check there to see if indeed Elijah has decided to get out.

7 comments:

PinkCat said...

Hang in there Sweetie. You won't remember this when he is here.

I am thinking of you.

Hugs xx

Big Mama said...

Oh Karin, I am SO sorry, I hope he gets here soon, I can't wait to see him! Here are wishes of at least one good night sleep before he comes and swift easy delivery. (((Karin))) big hugs.

eyes_only4him said...

Honeslty I can not believe they are letting u keep going..8 days after your due date is not really safe anymore..I pray they induce u SOON..because this isnt right..

I will be thinking of u, and I cant wait to see the first pics of the little guy..

The Q said...

I will be super anxious to see an update from Tysgirl.

I've been thinking about you everyday, just hoping that day would be THE day!

Disneysue said...

OLLY OLLY OXEN FREE!!!! COME OOOOUUUTTTTTT!!!!

Karin said...

well early this morning I went to extreme measures and tried to Castor oil myself into contractions. That was 10 hours ago and while I did clear out my digestive tract I have still not even had a contraction. I think he is in for the long haul. I go back to the dr. tomorrow and see if we can get this going somehow.

Anonymous said...

He is stubborn like his mummy.

At least you know that it won't be long now...

Hang in there.

xxx