Monday, February 04, 2008

PSA's

I come today to perhaps save your life from an attack. You see as new parents of what I think is an adorable baby we worry about his safety. Now I think that I am actually a lot less paranoid then most new parents but there are lines that have to be drawn. I know my baby is very cute but that doesn't mean that you as a perfect stranger to me have permission to touch him, especially his hands, that he will be sticking in his mouth. Just don't do it it is never ok and will make me the parent very uncomfortable. Now if you are as bold as the person we ran into at dinner the other night you may get an ass kicking the likes of which you have never see before. Granted the boy was fussy and was ready to go home but what happened was just wrong. We were outside on the heated patio having dinner and I had the boy in the car seat in the stroller next to me. I turned for a second to take a bite of my dinner, when a women came up to the stroller and grabbed one of the boys toys and shook it at him and told him to stop fussing. She then dropped the toy and wandered off with out ever saying anything to me. Never ever reach into some ones stroller especially if they aren't looking at you to see you coming. My Mama bear instincts kicked in and I wanted to slap the lady. I quickly calmed them down but Brad was out of his seat and I had to grab him and force him back down. While I am not paranoid the simple fact is this women didn't know us and we didn't know her and it was not ok to touch my son or his things. He is in an oral phase and so we are careful with what he comes in contact with as germs spread very quickly when put in his mouth. Just as you shouldn't approach a persons dog without asking them first, a child deserve more care. Next time lady If you do that I will let my husband off the leash and allow him to rip you a new one.

On a different note I bring you the next PSA. If you go to Costco to buy a 50 inch flat panel tv take a car that can fit it. I can not tell you how entertaining it was for me to watch these two blond idiots try to get this tv into a little Honda Civic coup, not even the hatch back. It was never going to fit in the first place but in the second they had boxes of stuff in the car leaving little room anyway. Even funnier is if they were buying it today for the Superbowl, not sure if this was the case but still made me laugh. I will admit that Brad and I have on occasion tested the capacity of our vehicles but never have we that grossly over estimated the size of our cars.

So now that I may have saved you I will talk about my play group. It actually went very well and I was pleased with it. As it turns out one of the ladies grew up in the same town as me and her Mom still lives there as well. She graduated 2 years before me from the private high school. It was one of those what a small world moments. E was the oldest in the group but he didn't miss a chance to flirt with everyone else in the class. It was so cute as he tried to touch one of the other babies and stick his fingers in her mouth. He wore himself out though so now he is napping in his pack and play. I should get going though as I have other things I should be doing.

4 comments:

mama biscuit said...

Oh hell no. It's just wrong to touch babies you don't know without asking. Ick.

The Q said...

I think people are better off trying to touch Moto than to deal with Brad ;-)

All kidding aside, I'd never, ever touch someone's baby that I didn't know. Hell, sometimes I don't even touch babies that I do know because I don't want to accidentally get dog/cat/trophy store goo on them.

Stacy said...

I totally will kick someones ass for messing with my baby

eyes_only4him said...

I know wha u mean..I even made my family wash thier hands b4 touching my babies...so if a stranger would even attpemt, I would stab them..