Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Blogiversary

So today was or is the third anniversary of starting this blog. It is funny to think of how different things are now then they were when I started this. It all started because Brad blogged and he pressured me into starting one too. I really thought it was something I would do a few times and drop it like it never happened. Now three years have past and I am still blogging and Brad isn't. I frequently make statements like my blog friend did this or did that. It is really strange how people you have never met become part of your family and are there for you through all kinds of lives trials. You have all been so good to me for the last 3 years and I can't imagine how I would have made it through the last year especially without you. Thank you all, I love you more than chocolate which is saying a lot.

Elijah still has not gained any weight. I made the Dr. do blood work and we will hopefully have some answers as to why he is not putting on any weight. She wants me to add formula to his diet but will not explain to me why formula would be better than my milk that has more calories. (I know this because I went out and had my milk tested) I have done research online and though she doesn't want me to start 1st foods until he is 6 months old other Dr.s say as early as 4 months. I feel more comfortable with giving him food to supplement so that is the route I am planning to go until a time she can show me that my milk is what is causing the problem. E loved the bananas today and so we will keep up with that for now. I am so frustrated with this right now so I need all of your good thoughts that E will start to gain weight at a reasonable rate and that nothing is seriously wrong.

Ok it is late and I need to get some sleep. I will be back as soon as I get the results from his blood work. I am not sure what I am hoping the answer is but I would really like an answer. I know he is happy and developmentally fine he is just skinny. He did grow 1/2 an inch since his last appointment so I guess that is something. But damn if I see 11 pounds 7 ounces one more time I am going to scream!

8 comments:

Stacy said...

Sending good thoughts to little E

The Q said...

*ZOING*

Those are my weight gaining good thoughts. They seem to work on me (when I least expect it and am not trying to gain weight) so I hope they work on him.

3 years? Wow. Very cool.

The Q said...

Oh and P.S.

I went to the Dr. today and he said I should stop eating chocolate because it might be keeping me awake at night.

THE HELL? Stop eating chocolate? Pffft. Give me some drugs Doc 'cause I'm not going to stop eating chocolate.

Am I right or what? ;-)

Big Mama said...

I had the same problem with Littleman, he is now 5'7" and weighs 110lbs. I was afraid he would never grow but alas he has proved me wrong. I didn't want to go the formula route so I would give him rice cereal mixed with the breast milk. That helped maintain and gain weight. Keep up the great work, he is healthy and beautiful. Keep following your instincts, remember they are always right and Dr.s are only PRACTICING medicine....


Tysgirl, you are so very right!

Big Mama said...

Hey WHOOPS! Did I say Tysgirl! I meant Q!!! LOL!!! Sorry *pout*

mama biscuit said...

OMG Karin, I'm sorry I didn't leave a comment earlier. I read your post in my bloglines thingy and thought I'd commented.

Happy Blogiversary!

I think if there are no obvious issues with E then give him some more time before you freak out. He'll get there.

I'm sending you chubby baby vibes :)

P.S. Tell Brad I said to clean up his desk :) (I saw it on Flickr)

eyes_only4him said...

at least he isnt losing weight..My sisters kids never gained much weight either..I myself dont think its too big of deal...if he were losing, then yeah...

Im saying a lil prayer he hits 13 pounds by months end:)

Karin said...

Iesp- Thank you I am sending warm thoughts right back at ya.

Q- In the words of Westley in the Princess Bride "Death First" I would rather give up a leg than give up chocolate.

Big Mama- Thanks, it is nice to know that others have been there and made it out.

Tysgirl- thanks we are much calmer now. Brad's desk will be cleaned in the next two weeks because he gave notice Friday. New exciting adventures are on the way.

Flippy- That would be more comforting if I didn't hear you talk about how terrible of a parent your sister is.

Everyone: thanks for the well wishes E gained 9 ounces last week!