Tuesday, June 26, 2007

As the Baby turns

Well Elijah has been kicking the stuffing out of me and has decided that after 3 am Mommy doesn't need any more sleep. The reslutls of this is me being tired and groggy all day. I am also starting to get some of the more fun side effects of pregnancy. Yesterday as I sat innocently at my desk I felt a sneeze coming on. I thought it was nothing to worry about but then it happened I sneeze peed. It was just a little tiny bit but I can tell very soon I will be buying depends undergarments. On another note recently when I run into people I know casually they ask how the pregnancy is going and then how much have I gained. I haven't gained anything but I don't think it is an appropriate question to ask someone. I mean I always sit there and worry about their reaction like are they thinking damn girl you are so huge how fat were you before that you haven't gained anything. It just is never right to ask a women about her weight.

In two days my Mom will be coming for a visit. My almost neice is in an iceskating competion on Sunday. My brother is renting a beach house near the event and we will be staying there through the 4th of July. It will be fun to spend time with the family and hang out on the beach. I expect to get very tan even through my 45 sun block. Actually this is kind of a weird thing but have you noticed that some people over tan? I mean when you look like leather maybe it is time to leave the beach. Saturday Brad and I went to Balboa Island and there was a woman sunbathing and she was very leathery. I couldn' believe she could look at herself in a mirror and still think she needed to lay out more. Anyway no fear I will not be the incredible leather woman.

So I have been listenning to XM radio in my car and mine unit has a button to pick your favorite artists and it will tell you whenever they are on. Anyway several of the artists that I have selected as favorites I realized I have never bought their albums. So it got me to thinking what is your favorite artist that you have never bought their music. For me I guess it is Red Hot Chili Peppers. I like them but they are played so much on the radio I have never felt the need to buy the music. I suppose they are victims of their own popularity. Anyway if you have an artist let me know who and why.

13 comments:

Disneysue said...

So for your Up North baby shower, should I ask people to bring you some Poise Pads? Hehehe.............sneeze....squirt.....sneeze....squirt! I guess you should get used to being squirted on with Elijah on his way.

A beach house huh? I dont think I have ever been in one. Sounds like fun :) I dont know anything about leathery people ****cough****mysister****cough****

mama biscuit said...

Yeah, I have no self control. If I hear something I like- I buy it. Thank God for iTunes, I no longer have to buy an entire album for one good song!

The Q said...

I pee when I sneeze sometimes and I'm not pregnant. I have a tipped bladder. It's fun at parties.

I don't think my XM radio has that buttom, I'm jealous! But I'm also like Tysgirl, if I like the song I buy it from iTunes. That way I have it on my laptop for when I want to rock out (by "rock out" I mean clean the house and need music to keep me going).

Michele_3 said...

Oh yes, The pee sneezing, GET READY GIRLFRIEND!! LOL!

Have fun @ the beach, one of my favorite places to be! We have leather people here- what is really gross- is sometimes they are very old & overly tanned women-It just ain't right..LOL!

I do iTunes a lot now- But I have to say Journey is an album I never bought but I love!!

proudmommyof4 said...

Hey there Kay! I love reading your posts; it's nice to see you are back to more frequent blogging! I was missing my "Karin fix". I had a great time with you the other day at lunch! Thanks again for watching my kiddos while I was in my appointment.

An album that I've always wanted but never purchases is the one that is on the Time Life Info-mercial of 80's softrock. I hear that comercial and say "Oh I love that song like 20 times during the comercial..but do I order it, No way! I'd probably get myself in some 3 year commitment of purchasing musick through the mail!

The pee-sneeze! Get used to it. It will get worse from here and never get better! It becomes part of your daily life. Enjoy! Depneds?!? Who needs em'? Just embrace the damp pants. Ha Ha!!

The Denney's date is always open. First Monday of the month. I know you're busy this one, but come join us when you can.

Take good care of that Baby of your's. Don't let people get to you aboiut the weight, you look adorable!!

Love ya, Julie

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

The Sneeze Prego Pee--I love it! Found you from Working Mom. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

My sister always felt the need to ask me how much I gained. She's always been in competition with me and she enjoyed the fact I was gaining. Yeah, sisterly love.

Hope you have a good time at the beach. You deserve it!

eyes_only4him said...

i rememeber those dreaeed pee sneezes..oh to well.


My fav channel on XM is channel 49:)

The Mad Hatter said...

At least you have an excuse with the sneeze pee chick ... your preggers ... what mine ... their aint no bun cooking in my oven ;-)

I'm happy mom is coming to visit hun ... have fun and a great weekend all of you.

Love and kisses xXxXxXxXxXxXx

ps ... if someone asks you how much you've gained through pregnancy ... just reply by saying " I'll tell you when you tell me if you were really born that ugly" ;-)

Anonymous said...

It is getting close. I am so excited! That may be because I don't have to have the baby though. I just get to enjoy all that baby cuteness!

Have fun with your mum...

xxx

Anonymous said...

I hope you and our baby (you only get part ownership in my little blogland) are happy and well.

You have been nominated.

xxx

Anonymous said...

I've only had one kid but I still have the pee sneezes and the trampoline pee that will probably never go away but I'd do it all again in a second!!!!

eyes_only4him said...

just cheking in on u...