Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Traitor

Well the time has come for me to change parties. No not political parties but computer parties. I have gone to the supposed dark side and as of today am the proud owner of a shiny new macBook. So now our pc household has a competiter. So far there are things I like better and things I liked better on my pc. On my old laptop the mouse area had a scroll button and you could double tap the finger area without having to click the button. These things made life a little easier. Most other things I think will be easier on this but I will have to still figure out how to load my pictures on to this computer since I have no idea where the cord is from camera since I have always used a card reader. Maybe I will just plug the card reader into here too, I am sure Brad will have an opinion on the best course of action. Anyway as soon as I figure out how to do this I will be starting a new website for the baby. Apple has some great ways to do this and so once I know how I will get that up and running. I will have some things on that website password protected as I am a little paranoid about having too much information out there available for the web as a whole. As soon as I have that up I will email an address to that for you to have access.

Thank you so much for all of the love and support you guys have given me. This has been a tough time and I am getting through it slowly. There is so much I have wanted to share with my Dad and it is so hard not having him there to tell everything too. I guess I haven't posted much because I didn't have anything worth sharing. I haven't been doing much because I am just not in the mood. I am also tired and very pregnant at this point so there isn't much to share. I guess I am just in a weird place and it was easier to say nothing than to try to figure out what to say. For the most part I am doing ok. The last couple of days have been very busy. We went to Napa for the weekend as Sunday was my Mom's birthday. Of course focussing on that made it a little easier to ignore that it was also another holiday. I won't lie all the commercials for father's Day were hard on me and on more than one occasion I flipped the tv the bird and cried. I guess you don't realize how many people take their father's for granted and I would do anything just to hear his voice. I am sure in time all this will be easier but right now it is so fresh and I still feel so cheated. Most people my age are starting to lose their grandparents where in I have lost all of them and also my Father, frankly I am bitter. On the preganncy website one woman posted a big whiny post about losing her great grandfather. I wanted to deck the bitch. Boo who you lost a great grand parent come to talk to me when it is someone a little closer. I chose to ignore the post because I had nothing good to say to her.

Little Elijah is doing well and is getting bigger by the day, as am I. It is hard to believe how much bigger I will get in the next 13 weeks. I am now in my last trimester so the end is near. It is hard to believe we will meet or little boy in 3 months. Everyday he seems to kick a little more and a little stronger. It is really kinda nice to feel all the little kicks and to know that he is doing ok. The first part of the pregnancy was hard because you never knew if something had happened and so it is a lot better to feel him wiggling around. Anyway things are going well and soon I will look like a giant beached whale.

Last night Brad and I went to a party to launch a new cell phone. Our friend is a party planner so she got us in. There were a ton of old actors there like Allen Thicke, Christopher Knight, Adrian Curry, Scott Baio and more. Brad was in heaven though when he heard that the entire cast of Heros was there! He got a picture with them and I must say that the actor that plays Sylar is just as creepy looking in person. Brad also got to meet George Takai and I think his geek-o-meter went past maximum. I am not much of a partier these days so Brad had a much better time than I did but it was so cute to see him and Jens so excited. I think they probably made all their office mates jealous today.

Well I will post more soon and more often I promise. Hopefully we will be getting airconditioning soon and then I will be more able to post without dying. If not with my new computer I can post from an airconditioned Starbucks near me. I best be getting back to figuring out my laptop. I promise I will actually comment on everyones posts soon. I have read everyones but not commented. See you all soon.

9 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

Well I am glad you posted, I was thisclose to emailing you to see if everything was ok..

your going to have to post a pic of this new ibook, I am couroius.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you out and about and doing much better. I can't believe that you are still pregnant and you still have three months to go! Enjoy the next month... I think it is the best months (month 4 - 7), because you get to feel bubs but he isn't stong enough to boot you in the rib cage yet! Fun times!

Love to you and our bubs.

xxx

mama biscuit said...

Hey, glad to have you back! Congrats on the new ibook!

Disneysue said...

Dinner with the stars, man your life is hard huh LOL :) be prepared to take more belly pics!

Karin said...

Flippy I was informed by my husband that is is not an ibook and I was to stop calling it that. It is a macbook and it looks like a standard white apple laptop.

The Mad Hatter said...

Jess Kaz when you said you had gone tot he dark side I thought you were trading Brad in for a 3som with fairy and I ;-)

Ooops .. only joking Brad ... as much as I love your wife ... one woman is more than enough for me at the moment ;-)

Im jealous you have a new ibook ... we want one too ... our laptop is as crazy as us but I cant get rid of her as ma bought her for us ... sentimentle value!

As for the other stuff ... I know what you mean ... it s gift for someone to live to old age so when people whine about losing a grandparent I also wanna deck em right in the mouth ... I've lost both my parents and Im only in my 20's ... life sucks sometimes.

Also hun, of course you'll have bad days ... its still early for you .. hell ma's been gone a year and a half amost and Im JUST STARTING to deal with it.

The first birthdays ... fathers day and stuff are always the hardest .. but believe me my good friend ... it does get easier ... I promise. SO many people said that to me in the first days and I wanted to smake em in the face and tell em to shit the f__ up ... but its true ... you never forget ... or stop missing them ... it just gets easier to deal with the fact that their gone ... I promise :-)

God Im feeling so violent today with all this wanting to smake someone in the mouth ... o ... and I didnt swear above cos I dont want blog baba to hear aunty Maddy ;-)

Love and kisses to you both hunny xXxXxXxxXxXx

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

3 more months, I can't believe how fast they've gone by! He's gonna be here in no time!

Michele_3 said...

Glad to hear your hanging in there, I know father's day must of been difficult.Your always in my prayers.I have been out of the loop for a bit myself but I'm slowly coming back..

Also~glad all is well with the baby, not much longer! Are you you loading up on your sleep now?? LOL!

P.S- super jealous over celebrity party! I would of been just as excited as Brad!!
Take Care!

PinkCat said...

Hey glad to see that you are doing o.k. Its a tough road sweetie but you are strong.

I can't wait to see the baby. I bet he will be a cutie pie like his Mummy.

Take care xx