Sunday, June 05, 2005

Blond Moment

Ok so it has been quite awhile since I have posted and I guess it is time I get back to posting. I decided that I would begin by sharing one of my more brilliant moments of late so you all might at least get a laugh at my expensive. Yesterday Brad and I had a very busy day that consisted of a breakfast at 7:30, a picnic in Santa Barbara area at 11 and then a party at a friends house at 7:30pm. So needless to say there was really no time between events. In the meantime so very good friends of ours were showing their car today at a show and needed the use of our garage so they could wax the car before the show. Since we would be gone all day I thought it would be easier for them if I moved my car out of the garage and into the complex parking so they would have the whole garage to work in. So I moved my car and then Brad pulled out of the garage next to my car so we could go and he closed the garage door. As my purse was still in the garage I jumped out of my car and asked Brad to reopen the garage so I could get my purse. I grabbed my purse and then got into Brad's car. We started to drive out of the complex when I got the feeling I had not locked my car doors, so I made Brad stop and I got out and checked my car and yes indeed the doors were not locked. I locked the doors and we went on our marry way. Several hours later we get a call from our friends that are using our garage apparently I had not only forgotten to lock the doors originally but I had also forgotten to turn off my car from idol and take out my keys. So basically my car sat outside and idled for 9 hours before we got home and I found the spare key to the car. Needless to say I had very little gas left. The good news is my car did not overheat or incur any other problems from my stupidity. Score a few more points to the fine people at Kia your cars do take a beating. So now I suppose I have done one far worse than locking your keys in the car or leaving the lights on. Thankfully we live in a safe area and my car wasn't stolen. Let's hope nothing that stupid happens again. Anyway it is late and I have to work early so I will let that be all for now and I promise to blog more tomorrow about recent events not in the shear stupid column.

1 comment:

dbwilldo said...

OH MY! You left your car running for 9 hours? Honestly, I did laugh outloud. :)