Thursday, June 22, 2006

Now is the time for the bride to throw a little hissy fit.

Ok so a lot of you have been by the wedding website and know by now that I did not have ideal weather for my outdoor wedding, so my outdoor wedding got squished indoors with people standing room only in the living room and kitchen. I walked down the aisle, as it were next to trays of meatballs. All of this while not exactly what we had planned makes the day more memorable and funny to all involved. We had the reception outside anyway and danced and ate in the rain. All in all it was not the day I had thought it was but somehow through it all the day was made better because of the rain. The last song we played was Greendays Good Riddance that now plays on my blog. The words it is something unpredictable but in the end it's right, I hope you had the time of your life, could not have been better written for the wedding we had just experienced. For that I get a little choked up everytime I hear that song.

I could go on and list all the other magnitude of things that went wrong that day and week but in the end there really is no point, my day was perfect in it's own way and I knew all along that things would go wrong. I have always really loved the rain so I guess I can view that as a gift in away.

However having said all of this there is one thing that I will freak out about and it is the one thing I truly stressed out about before the wedding. Pictures! We were guaranteed in our contract that we would have the proofs within 3 weeks of the wedding. It has been 5 and still no proofs. When I call the photographer I am told the same thing each time and never get to speak to anyone in the know. I am quite frankly pissed off now. We won't even start on the fact that the photographer we actually hired didn't show up and he sent his daughter and 2 people we never met instead because if the pictures turn out I don't care. What I do care about is that it is 5 weeks after my wedding and I have seen my f-ing pictures and we have already paid the whole balance for the pictures. Is it really that hard to answer simple questions like when will I see my proofs and what is happening with our engagement album that I gave you a list of pictures for 6 1/2 weeks ago? I will say this for any person who happens to google them, DO NOT USE ALAN BRENT PHOTOGRAPHY IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!!!!!

So long story shorter I will be driving down to their studio tomorrow and I will not be leaving until I have my proofs and disks and a firm answer on my albums. If I do not receive satisfaction then the next week they will receive a summons from our lawyer for several counts of breech of contract. Don't piss off a wet bride!

3 comments:

The Q said...

That sucks BIG TIME Karin!

Man my Bro & SIL had issues with their photographer too. To this day (a couple years later), I'm STILL not supposed to bring up the whole thing as my Brother's mood will turn in a second. He was more pissed about the amount they paid vs. what they actually received for it. But my SIL said it was like pulling teeth to even GET what they paid for.

Keep us posted and let us know how many heads you sent rolling! ;-)

Unknown said...

What is UP with photographers in So Cal?? All I can say is that I totally understand. Demand free extras when you are there. I was able to get some LOL. You still looked beautiful btw even if you were wet.

Jenn said...

Sounds like you had a great wedding despite the rain. It's great to have a sense of humor about things.

I have been dealing with this kind of stuff this week, with horrendous customer service over the phone, and it is just the most aggrevating, anger and stress producing thing to go through. >:(