Monday, October 16, 2006

I am here, sort of.

I have been trying to visit everyones blog and to keep up with them, but I have felt uninspired to write anything here. I suppose I could tell you about lots of stuff but I really don't feel like saying much. Maybe it is that I have too much to say that I don't know where to begin so it is easier to say nothing. In anycase I haven't written for two weeks and I guess I should say something. Brad's car had a bad two weeks and it now has a brand new clutch, power steering, toggle switches, passenger door lock, oh no handle in the back, and something else I can't remember. So for the last two weeks I have been doing all the driving. We finally got his car back on Saturday and we hope it will be awhile before it has to go to the doctor again. I however am having my annual Dr. violation on Friday. I know the annual visit is neccessary but man does it suck to have to disrobe and put your feet in stirrups. I mean usually if some on is going to touch all my buts and pieces I at least get a dinner out of it, but with the doctor I have to pay for the torture.

SO this brings me to my question. I will only see a female gyno, do the rest of you have a preference if the doctor is male or female? I am not sure why I won't go to a man but the fact is I won't so we will leave it at that. Next after a pap I feel gross and slimy for the rest of the day, similar to being on my period, does that happen to anyone else? Then there is the question of underwear. I always wear my best undies when I go for a pap, but the Dr. has you disrobe before they ever come into the room, so why do I feel it necc. to have the best undies on? Anyway I could go on and on about my irrational Dr. quirks but instead I will ask what weird things do you worry about or do prior to your visit?

The movie Brad was just working on comes out in theatres on Friday and we are excited about it, Flags of Our Fathers. We got to see a crew screening last wednesday and the movie is really good. I will say that if you don't like war movies there are parts that are pretty graphic, but the story is very good and the effects don't look effecty. It was really nice to see a movie that all the guys were proud to work on for a change, because often films with a lot of effects are more about the effects than telling a story. We saw the movie at the academy award theatre, which is where they screen films to be nominated. the picture quality there is better than at any other theatre and the movie looked great. I have never been there before because it isn't exactly a place the public can go to the movies in. On either side of the screen are giant Oscar statues. It was strange watching a movie looking at the statues when you are pretty sure the film will be nominated for an oscar. I wanted to take pictures to show you guys but we weren't allowed to bring cameras in. Security was really strict there so I din't try either.

So that is all for now. I may post pictures later from Disneyland Halloween yesterday. I also took a video of the haunted mansion. If I can load it into you tube I will post it.

8 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

Its nice to have you back chick, you were missed, but I understand you need time out, plus I had the pleasure fo your company at my place ;-)

I only go to women gyno's too, no man is poking at my below bits, no way, but saying that, something just popped into my head, what if the women's hot, and she poking and prodding at my bit, shite I never thought about that, that would be like cheating on fairy ;-)

When fairy and I come there, you, susan, fairy and I must spend a day in Disneyland, it would be cool :-)

Lots of love XxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Michele_3 said...

Welcome back-You were missed Girlfriend!
I'm so with you on the annual exams- I had mine a few months ago
& I really dread them..
(there isn't anything pretty about them)Here are my quirks-

*I always have to have nice undies on, preferrably matching the bra

* I always bring socks for my feet(the room is ALWAYS so cold)

*I only see a female Dr. as well..
(I had a male Dr. once-with a terrible bedside manner & I changed immediately after having an appt. w/ the female Dr. once in the same office.)
All in all- I just hate going!
men have no idea how much we women go through...

I heard about that movie- looks pretty good, I'm sure my husband will want to see it too- He likes war movies..
I read on my blog you went to Disneyland- all the mickey talking got to you huh? LOL!
hope you guys had a blast!
Take care~
:)

eyes_only4him said...

bout damn time woman.

I prefer a woman doc, but I do see men ..like the same man doc delviered two of the bees and the felame did one of them..where i went back home the office had 2 felmaes and tow males, u kinda got whoever was there.

and after u get a pap your full of goo in the nether regeions, and its just gross..i hate it

Disneysue said...

Fear #1: While Im up in the stirrups, they keep telling me to move down. Im afraid I will fall off the end of the table.

Fear #2: I SCRUB down there like crazy befor I go, and SCRUB like crazy after the invasion. Can everyone tell I just got invaded?

Fear #3: Being so "open" I hope I dont fart in the middle of the exam.

Fear #4: What if I start my period that morning?

Fear #5: What if they have to substitute a male for a female, I say okay, and he comes in and hes totally cute. I start having uncontrollable thoughts, and he "can tell what Im thinking", if you get my drift.

Funny observation K. I noticed that the one word you actually mistyped was "buts". I almost peed laughing!

SassyFemme said...

I'll only see a female gyn. There's just no way a guy is going there. I agree about feeling gross afterwards. After the pelvic ultrasound I wanted to come home and take a shower. As for the underwear, I had to laugh because I do the same thing. And I make sure I have on cute socks, or footies if I'm wearing knee highs, since my feet will be showing and cold!

PinkCat said...

Wow your husbands job sounds so interesting. How cool to have an interesting job like that.

How is the job thing going for you?

I don't like my bits poked about either. Not nice and I would prefer a female to do it too. I am so overdue for that stuff. Hmm better get it done.

I just worry what if it stinks down there. LOL

Take care xx

keesh said...

Well, I prefer a female too. although a male delivered my son. They are a husband and wife team and the wife does annuals and things since she is a nurse practioner and the husband is a OB. but I prefer her over him anyday...and i too feel awful aftwards...

Unknown said...

HI! I saw that movie and it was so well done. People were sobbing audibly in the audience. New to your cool site but have Linked you so others can enjoy your writing too!