Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lost...

At some point last night I lost something that is very important to me. I have looked everywhere but I can not find it. I am not sure how I will live a normal life if it is not found so I shall keep searching. I am thinking of putting up missing poster across the town to see if maybe someone has found it and picked it up. I don't know what to do but not having this has gotten really annoying. Before last night I would hold it for long stretches of time and it never let me down, but now I am afraid it is gone. You see I have lost my dear bladder and today every 15 minutes I have had to run to the bathroom to potty. What is up with that? So if you see my bladder out there can you please send it back to me? You can just send it to the nearest bathroom cause I will be there.

So I had a genius plan this week that this week would be soup week and every night I would make a different soup. Monday was cream of asparagus soup. Tuesday was Butternut Squash with Caramelized Apples. Tonight was Artichoke Heart soup. Tomorrow will be French onion soup. Friday we will probably have some of the left overs. Anyway I have made huge pots of soup everynight and I have packaged up the extras and froze them so we can have them later on when I don't feel like cooking. Brad was actually really happy to have a theme week and has been excited to try each new soup. He also gets to take fresh made soup with him to work the next day and I think he likes that too. So last night when he came home he said this whole having a theme for a week is working out really well you should do that all the time. I guess he doesn't realize how much work it is to do that. Plus I think it would get old. If you ate in the same genre all week I think you would get tired of it. I just like the idea of going into fall with lots of soups already to go in the freezer.

Well I have to go my 15 minutes are up and I must return to the bathroom. I also need to get upstairs and take my beef stock off the stove and strain it and chill it for tomorrows soup. I was happily surprised to learn that I could get soup bones from the grocery store butcher. They were $1.39 a pound and I have made like 5 gallons of stock so I think it was worth it for the price. I will let you know tomorrow when we have the soup though.

7 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

Hunny have you tried leek and potatoe soup, its beautiful, fairy makes it every winter and I cant wait for winter to come this year.

It must be good cos even my godson loves it and such nutritous food has never dared to touch his lips ;-)

Give it a try hun, if you need the recipe, I'll email you fairies :-)

Kisses XxXxXxXxX

Ps. I stole your bladder ;-)

Michele_3 said...

I was going to say what CPA Mom said-
Peeing alot= pregnancy
Any chance???

Soups sound so YUMMY!
I'll be over for French Onion night- I love that soup!
I make a great Spanish Bean & Lentil soup-But I have never made French Onion..

:)

Karin said...

Maddie- the soup sounds good and I may make it later but I think this week I am souped out.

CPA and Michele- I seriously doubt that I am pregnant, I am still on the pill and I was just at the doctor last friday and I would think if I was pregnant she would have told me. I thik it is all the soup, liquid diet makes for a lot of liquid to leave.

Sapphire said...

Your bladder is here in New Orleans. In the French Quarter, to be precise, bar hopping and filling up on alcohol... *laughs*

x

Disneysue said...

Maybe some bratty little kid took it for a halloween trick! OR maybe your bladder is just playing along with the october theme and is disguising herlself as your kidney or your lungs.
So did you have to squish the squash to make soup?

eyes_only4him said...

maybe u have a bladder infection..or maybe ur preggers...

:)

michelle said...

I was on the pill when I got preggo woth the last one! AND I had just been to my doctor AND had a pregnancy test done, then found out I was preggo with my first a week later. It was too early to show up on the test when I was at the doctor's office. Maybe you should go get a test.....just in case!