Friday, November 03, 2006

Betty Homemaker

 

So I don't know how many of you are aware of what a gifted homemaker I really am so I post this picture as proof. First you have Brad drinking a cup of hot coco made with the Tassimo beverage system which is about the best thing ever. Behind him you will see the kitchen curtains. I made those. I never even took home ec. The cabinets in the kitchen you will see are a lovely shade of blue. I sanded all the old stain of them and painted them. They still look great after 4 1/2 years. Now is time to prove I am not Betty homemaker. See the plants in the window sill. They looked great now they are dead. I can't keep house plants alive. ANyway I have no real reason for posting this picture other than I thought you all could use a glimpse at my kitchen.

So today I went back to the doctor to get the results back from my pap and blood work. I have never had to actually go into the Docotrs office for that before so I thought that was a little weird. I than had to sit in the lobby for an hour before they took me to an exam room. Then I waited another 30 minutes for the Doctor. Finally the Dr. came to the exam room and had me meet her in her office. She then tells me that all my tests are normal and that she will see me in six months. For this they charged me another copay. To say that I was annoyed would be an understatement. Why in the hell did I need to come in for that and where do they get off charging you to give you the results of your exams. Plus you have to pay for parking. I find it odd though that this would be her practices. I am 33 and have been getting paps since I was 17 every year I have never before had to go to the office for results nor pay another copay to be told I am fine. Besides this I saw that the nurse had all my results when she took my blood pressure when I first got there. WHy could she not say I was fine. Knowing that she had the results but wouldn't tell me scared me and I thought there was something wrong. So waiting an additional hour was awful. I am sorry but if you are going to charge me to give me the results you could at least see me in a timely manner. I do not appreciate waiting an hour and a half after my appointment time to be told I am normal. Need;ess to say I will not be back to this doctor. Brad says I should wage a complaint with our insurance so they will no longer reccomend this Dr. I am not sure it will do any good. WHat do you think. Is it normal to have to have a second paid office visit for results and I have just lucked out all along? Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

I've always gotten my results mailed to me, usually about a week later. If it comes up abnormal, they just tell you to contact the office (it happened only once for me). By all means, you shouldn't have to pay a copayment to find out your results for a pap. That's ridiculous.

The Q said...

Ooooh, I thought FOR SURE you were going to tell us you were pregnant! FOR SURE! I was wrong....won't be the first time or the last time ;-)

PinkCat said...

My doctors call me over the phone with results or they leave a number to call to get a voice message. I would complain. They get away with far too much here.

By the way I have tagged you. So you need to go to my blog to see what to do.

Take care xx

Disneysue said...

#1~ NO! It is NOT normal to pay another copay for the results of a test. It is still part of the first visit and they should not have charged you.

#2~ NO! Since I have been getting paps for 16 years, I have NEVER been called in to be told everything is fine. I have gone to free clinics, Kaiser,and multiple other hospitals to have my invasion exam. They should not have called you in, make you wait for nearly 2 hours to be told that nothing is wrong.

#3~ ABSOLUTLY call your insurance and complain. You may be able to file a grievance and get your copay back. The insurance company will not know that anything is wrong unless you complain. TRUST ME, Im going through the same process with the dentist that ripped me off and reinforced my fear of dentists.

#4~ Just think of what you can do when you guys decide to have kids! They are gonna have the coolest room ever!

Fairy said...

i love the kitchen karin,is gorgeous especiallt the curtains..can we have one pair pls:)btw i have no knowladge about health issues,so i can't really comment on it..the only thing i no,that hospitals and drs are annoying in every country,,they take so long.lots of love..

SassyFemme said...

My results were mailed to me. No way should you have to pay just for that. I would definintely bring that that up w/the ins. co.

eyes_only4him said...

my doc always tells me if I dont hear back from them everything is fine...thats the way it should be, I would be mad too..

and i love ur curtains..

my living room is green...i need curtains, can u accomodate my needs?

The Mad Hatter said...

I hate doctors and hospitals, my uncle had 2 biopsies done one after the other and the frigging hospital lost his results which ment he had to have another painful journey of them poking and proding at him to get another piece of his poor body.

Well done you on your handy work, I think you and me should go into designing peoples houses ;-)
Kisses hunny XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Michele_3 said...

Great curtains & cabinets Karin!
I am so not Betty homemaker- I buy things & I either get my husband to put them up or pay someone-LOL!

That is really awful how that happen to you @ your Dr's. I would of definitely complained @ the front when they asked for a co-pay.
My Dr. gives us a card & we call it in 2 weeks to get our results, I have never had to go back just for normal results- I'm sure going back in for test results made you very nervous as well-
Complain away girlfriend!
That shouldn't of happend, total waste of time for you..

PinkCat said...

Hi Karin

You can email me at catherine@ahtrust.org.

Take care xx