Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Some bugs up my butt.

So last night was Halloween and Brad and I really look forward to having trick or treaters come to our house. It is fun to see all the kids in costume and to hear how excited they are for the night. We never get very many kids though because we live on such a busy street and we are in a town house that the people would rather go on safer streets with real houses. I understand that but I think parents under estimate how much candy your kids would get from a complex like ours. We are so happy to get a treater that we give them a hand full of candy and so does our neighbor. So saying this and knowing as much as we love having the kids come how late should kids be out trick or treating. Let us consider that last night was a school night, and that at 9 House returned to tv. Why in the world were we getting knocks on our door until 10pm. I am sorry your kid is awfully cute but a 5 year old needs sleep and should not be interrupting the last few minutes of good tv we get a week. I thought it was awfully rude to come to someone's door begging that late at night.

Another thing that is really annoying me right now is all the election stuff. First I have to say in my 33 years on thins earth I have never heard stupider campaign ideas. Here in California one add against Arnold was solely that he at one point said vote for Bush. While I don't care for Bush or his way of running our country I think that there are far better things to critique Arnold on than him supporting Bush. The ad if anything made me feel that the candidate that aired it was unintelligent and not a good leader. Another candidate here has ads that say " I was really fat, I promised my family I would lose weight. I kept my promise, that is why I would make a good insurance commissioner." Are you kidding me. Are you really saying your ability to be a good leader is based on how well Jenny Craig has worked for you. Please my Dad has lost a ton of weight lately that doesn't mean I think he would be a good politician. Well actually I think that my Dad would be a better politician than this idiot but mostly because he would never say that his ability to lose weight would make him a good leader.

My last complaint is people in stores. When you are shopping in a store remember that others are too. Do not park your cart in the middle of an aisle blocking the way for others. Please get to one side or the other. If you are on the side and you are debating about whether this one or this one is better, please notice that there are other people who know which one is better for them and let them get to it and get on with their day. Do not get into an argument with your sig other in the store and block the section while you yell about pinto beans or black beans. I don't care I just want to buy rice, move. If you have unloaded all your groceries onto the counter and you are waiting to be checked out have the courtesy to put a little stuff separator down. I can't reach it from the end and you can, so help me out a little here. Lastly when you are done with your shopping chart please put it in a chart area not wedged behind my bumper scratching the paint on my car. My car may not look like much to you but it is mine and I would like not to have more scratches in it.

9 comments:

The Q said...

Ok the bean thing made me laugh, I don't know why. "Get eff'g black beans now MOVE!!!"

Heh.

PinkCat said...

Oh dear Karin,,,, hmmmmmm!! No I beleive that chidren should be in at a certain time too. We switched all our lights out at the front of the house for the remainder of the evening. My boys went to bed at 9 which was way late but we were in our friends house done trick or treating at 7:30pm (probably because we are lazy hehehe).

I have never heard so much malarky as the elections and the bitching that is going.

I agree with the friggin cart thing too. Move it on over. lol

Take care xx

The Mad Hatter said...

J'sus, 5 year oldsknocking on the door at 10 o'clock, disgraceful, all kids should be in bed by 9 at the latest!

If you have spare candy on the go hun, can you throw some my way, I need a sugar rush big time ;-)

As for the shopping one, O, I hate when people stand in the ile like muppets, what pisses me off more is when they decide to stop for a chat with someone, they can see you wanna get past but do they frigging move, well they do when I run over them with my trolley ;-)

Kisses hunny XxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

I'm sick of getting political phone calls! I'm sick of the ads and the mail! Ok sorry...

I turned my light out at 8. I think that's a reasonable time to end the Halloween festivities.

Don't even get me started on the whole shopping thing...LOL

Jenn said...

I hate it when people decide to have a meeting right in front of something I want in the grocery store. That is definitely on my list of annoying behaviors.

Disneysue said...

Re: Shopping cart-retards~I like to pretend that Im engrosed in looking at the items on the shelf and "acidentally" RAM their cart. TeeHehe!

Re: Late-night beggers~Tell them you ran out and all you have is brussell sprouts & a can of saur kraut.

re: Politics in CA~Yeah i got nuttin :I

SassyFemme said...

Halloween - We usually turn our outside lights either by 8:30 or when the kids get as big as us, whichever comes first. This year was a new one, by 7:45 the kids were making their second rounds! I turned the light out after that.

Grocery Store - I'm one of those bad people who leave their cart sideways. I don't even realize I'm doing it until I turn back to put something in, and it's sideways. I feel like shit then. I try to remember, but I just end up spacing out.

Karin said...

Soozieq- actually they aparently wanted pinto after much discussion.

Brit- wow 9 on a school night you like to live dangerously. I will be so happy when the elections are over.

JDR- I would have loved to seen the look on her face when you pulled out the Doritos. That is one I never got trick or treating.

Maddie- I should take you with me when I go shopping so you can hit people out of the way while I pick what I want.

Denise- We can't turn off our light because they are on as long as it is dark, part of living in a townhouse.

Jenn- I know I want to tackle them so they learn there lesson.

Susan- I thought about it but they could see the candy bowl through the french doors and they kinda scared me a little bit.

Sassy- I would have loved to be able to turn the lights out but we can't. At least you feel bad about having your cart sideways most of the people at my store are way to self involved.

Michele_3 said...

Our neighborhood gets started really early-Everyone is usually done by the time 8:00 rolls around-Even if not- we usually turn off all coach & outside lights to let them know were "all done". Our boys are in bed by 9:00..I hate having Halloween on school nights, I can't imagine other parents having their kids out past 10:00-Wow!


I have had it w/ all the election crap as well, I mean we already voted by absentee ballots, But the crap that comes in the mail & the political phone calls really irritate me to no end..It is neverending..