Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I think I have a problem

What does it say about you when most of your hits from google searches involve the word chocolate in some way? Do I need a chocolate intervention. Do you want to know my other most popular hit is "in the doctors stirrups." Seriously have I not typed anything more worthy of people reading? I am beginning to worry about how interesting I seem if this is how people find me. I am also learning that there are a lot of people out there that want chocolate Oscar statues, I am wondering if I should make a mold and start selling those as I get googled daily for it. I guess this is as good of a time as any to say why this blog was called chocolate cars in the first place. When I started this blog I was making chocolate MINI Coopers and selling them to the MINI club we belonged too. They were pretty detailed and took a lot of work. Since it was the only really unique thing I could think of about myself at the moment I named the blog Chocolate Cars. Perhaps not the greatest story in the world but at least now you can stop wondering about it. Apparently all the pictures of the cars are on Brad's computer though so I don't have one to post.

My almost niece's birthday party was very cute and we had a great time. I am trying for almost aunt of the year so I made her birthday cake. One of the Mom's was raving how light and fluffy the icing was on the cake, she said it was like professional icing. I thanked her for the compliment and then explained that I am a chef. She said oh so it is professional. I guess I never really thought of myself that way. Anyway the icing wasn't really difficult or brilliant it was just whipped ganache, something I have been making since before culinary school. Actually it was sort of an accident when I couldn't get it to thicken up to cover a cake and I didn't understand the properties of ganache. I figured it had whipping cream in it I would whip it and see what happens. What happens is you get a really fluffy chocolate mousse like substance that sets stiff. So I don't come off as a total snob I will explain that ganache is half cream half chocolate by weight. You heat the cream to just under boiling and then take it of the heat and pour it over the chocolate. Let sit for a minute and then stir with a whisk until all the chocolate melts. It will start off really liquidy and when it cools it will firm up. You have eaten it in the center of a chocolate truffle before.

Ok now go ahead and google chocolate and see how quickly you find me.

15 comments:

The Q said...

Dammit....you're already married. I was so going to ask you to marry me. I'd love to have your abilities as a chef.

I block internet searches to my blog, I cannot imagine what hits I'd get if I did not. Trust me, they'd be WAAAAAAAAY worse than chocolate ;-)

PinkCat said...

You sound so awesome with your cooking skills. I would love to know what you know..... I think I will have to invite myself for dinner. LOL

I love your Chocolate Cars story... way too cute.

O.k. now I am going to google you.. !!

Take care xx

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

I was wondering about the name....now I know.

Your post made me hungry. Must find cake.

Michele_3 said...

I always wondered about the name
"Chocolate Cars" as well..
Cute story! cute blog name!

No matter how you explained that icing story- It seemed complicated and hard to make..Sounds like you are one amazing chef my dear!
Take Care~
:)

mama biscuit said...

Mmmmm. All I heard was:
"chocolate, blah-blah blah blah-blah-blah, chocolate"

Chocolate is good, chocolate is my friend!

Seriously though...it's always nice to hear the story behind someone's blog, thanks for sharing! Mine's pretty self explanatory (and accurate)!

eyes_only4him said...

well being googled by choclote is better then some of shit that comes upon mine....and its plain scarey..

Disneysue said...

I like not knowing. IGNORANCE IS BLISS!!!! :) I think I have a pic of your chocolate car in my email somwhere. Ill look for it and post it on my blog for ya!

Michele_3 said...

Saw the pix of your famous chocolate cars @ Susan's blog!
one word= AWESOME!
You are one talented girl!
:)

The Great Quotes said...

I'd like to have the same cooking
skills :o)

SassyFemme said...

Oh I wish I could make chocolate icing like that! You know, with all those hits, doing a little Internet custom order business might not be such a bad idea!

Paulinha said...

Hi Karin,
I've been visiting your blogg for the last week. I figured I might read the whole blog and learn a bit about you so I could then leave a comment.
I enjoy the stuff you write and I hope you can come and visit my blogg, although it hasn't been around for too long, neither I update it often enough.
I also hope you could post some yummy recipes for us to try different things...
Cheers and I hope to see you around my blogg.
Paulinha

The Q said...

I sent you an email but I don't know if you received it or not.

Anyway, I moved. You can find me here now if you want:

http://soozieq.wordpress.com/

The Mad Hatter said...

Well here's one for you - people find me by typing into google
~SLID MY HANDS INTO HER KNICKERS~

Is it only sex I write about, actually did I ever mention slipping my haddies into anyones undies ;-)

Happy nearly birthday almost niece

Kisses XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Paulinha said...

Thanks for the visit.
I can't wait for the next update!!!
Cheers!

Jenn said...

I never would have guessed that is why you are called chocolate cars.

That is an amazing skill to know how to make that stuff.