Wednesday, April 25, 2007

And they are letting me become a parent!

SO I just got a call from my Mom telling me that the kid across the street, who is now 25 and no longer a kid, murdered a 62 year old man last night. I babysat him from the time he was 2 until about 4 and I stopped because quite honestly the whole family was WEIRD! Anyway if my fine early nurturing skills brought forth such a great human I have to question God for allowing me to reproduce. Well I am hoping the damage was done by the environment he grew up in and not anything I could have done. Actually I was far too young to be babysitting anyway because I was only like 10 when I started watching him. I don't know anymore details as to the murder or why he did it but he has already admitted to the police that he did it. My Mom said there have been 3 cop cars across the street searching the house since before she left the house at 7 and they are still there now. She only found out what happened because the news called her to see what she knew about him. She didn't say anything. Heck the only thing we really do know about the family is from 21 years ago. However it was one of those times when someone says so and so did this and we weren't shocked in the slightest, sad really when you think about it.

In completely unrelated news today is my bestest friends in the whole wide world birthday. SO go on over to Susan's blog and wish her the happiest of birthdays. Hey while your over there you can remind her that she is older than me. Hope you had a great day Pooh!

4 comments:

Disneysue said...

I did have a great bday in spite of the bra thing (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!) I had a piece of snickers cheesecake to make it all better. Now everytime you pass that house it will be the murders house. Now YOU get to say yes I am from THAT part of town!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you had very little to do with the outcome of this man's actions... don't worry.

It is funny the stuff that you start to think about when you are pregnant. Suddenly the world seems like a much scarier place...

xxx

Michele_3 said...

I'm positive you had nothing to do with the man's actions..
Sadly our society is full of raging people who take actions before thinking anything else-
Maybe he was a drug user,mental illness, There could be a million reasons- You know your not one of them :)

But-How scary for your parents to be surrounded by all that drama right now though- I'm sure it kind of shook them up being across the street from him though..

Hope all is well!!

mama biscuit said...

Karin,

I'm sorry that I (the one that relentlessly teases you about not posting) am a couple of days behind.....I've been busy taking waterfall pictures in order to lure you to TN ;)

You're going to be a great mom! Take a look at Ty's blog when you get a chance. He posted a video on Tuesday that is very powerful and deals with how kids become they people they grow up to be.