Thursday, April 26, 2007

Wasting Time

Since I no longer can use my favorite drugs, ie wine, a hot bath, or decent TV I have turned to other things to fill my loneliness and boredom. My newest addictions come in the forms of video games. Now let me be clear I am not my husband so my skill is somewhat lacking in these fields. For my birthday Brad bought me a Nintendo DS. My MIL bought me the game Elite Beat Agents. All I can say is that for such a cheesy game it is totally addictive. SO much so that I already beat all of the game on the easier setting. I believe that on my own I have never before played a game until the credits rolled. I must say I was a little sad to see there wasn't another level for me to conquer. So before moving on to the next difficulty level I turned to yet another birthday present. You see Jens and Megan gave me Super Paper Mario for the WII and for the past two days I have been sending a lot of time flipping through the dimensions. Unfortunately now I am stuck because I am too lame to know how to make my Mario jump high enough so I had to turn off the game until Brad comes home to help me. I guess this means that I should start doing things like laundry instead.

Tomorrow I am heading back to my parents for a week. I will be taking the train there as everyone feels I should not be driving for that long. I plan to take my laptop with me so I can surf the net from my folks house. This means I may post a little while I am there but I will definitely be reading all of you guys so don't disappear on me. About my post yesterday, I was kidding when I asked if it was due to me, that kid and his family had problems long before and long after I ever sat for them. I truly believe that he had no chance in life to do better because the role models he was surrounded by were poor at best. I believe that the whole family had and have mental problems that are not treated. That being said the distance between their house and my families is larger than it would seem to say that it is across the street. My parents house is actually quite a ways off the street to begin with and other than pulling into our out of our driveway we never see the neighbors. So the situation wasn't scary for them just bizarre. Like I said you often see people on the news after an event and hear them say they could see that there were problems all along and you think to yourself that would never be you being interviewed, however yesterday when I heard the news I wasn't all that surprised. I will say this apparently wasn't a random shooting and he did know the person he shot. I know nothing more than that but it isn't like he went on a rampage.

Now I have posted three days in a row. I hope for all of you that have been nagging me about my lack of posting will feel full from all the posting I have done this week. I would savor the posts if I was you because I am fairly sure I won't be posting tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone. Be safe.

12 comments:

erik said...

Ooooo, Super Paper Mario! I'm intrigued! I haven't gotten much new out of my Wii lately. Wii Play turned out to be kind of a disappointment.

Anonymous said...

3 days. 3 posts. I'm impressed!

Have a safe trip...

xxx

mama biscuit said...

I've never even senn a Wii, how sad is that?

It's been nice having you around more!

Have a safe trip. I know it's going to be stressful but be sure that you take care of you and the baby FIRST, everyone else second!

The Q said...

Have a safe trip! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you

Anonymous said...

Don't wait for Brad to get home, go online and google Cheat Codes for whatever game you are playing and find out how to beat it. HAHAHAHA. You'll be the king

Disneysue said...

Wii all must find our drug to fill the days huh? LOL Just think of yourself as the Queen and well you will always be better than me at the video games!

eyes_only4him said...

have a good time..

The Mad Hatter said...

Ah the finger toys ... and Im not talking about the "toys" most gay chicks like to play with ;-)

Im a mario freak too ... I bought a playstation some time ago but my godson broke his so I gave him mine ... now Im trying to talk fairy into buying me a DS ;-)

Safe trip hunny ... thinking of you :-)

Kisses xXxXxXxXxXx

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

Have a safe trip!

We need to plan a wine night after these babies get here!

Paulinha said...

Hi Karin,
I hope you're having a great time at your folks!!! Also, hope things aren't too scary or weird around there because of the neighbours...what a sad thing hey?? But I believe that people are affected by the environment they live in, and if his family wasn't that well oriented, how could the boy be??
Say 'hi' to baby Zy for me!!

Sharkey said...

Tysgirl mentioned your dad today. I'm so sorry.

Unknown said...

Zelda is a blast...you would probably love it. Make sure you get the cheat book though.

S