Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Prime Time

SO I remember in days gone past when from 8-11 at night there were things on tv that were worth watching. I remember being excited that this or that show would be on on this night and life would revolve around the box in the living room. So why now that we have state of the art High Definition tvs and about 1000 channels is there nothing but crap on? Ok sure there are a few shiny exceptions from the crapfest that pollutes our airways such as Heroes, thank you for finally coming back. But for the most part tv sucks. I mean really if I hear about Sanjaya one more time I am going to shoot someone. I choose not to watch the show because frankly they just aren't that good anymore and I would rather do other things than listen to Randy say Dog a million times an episode. Where have all the good shows gone. Are we so lacking in creativity that all we have to offer society is crappy reality shows or games shows. Where have all the writers gone? Are they now on the freeway exits with signs saying will write for food? To illustrate my point the latest heavily published show to come to prime time is Bingo! Come on your kidding me right. Unless you are under 8 years old or over 75 bingo is just not cool. Please even movies like Throw Momma from a Train tells you Bingo players are a lower form of humans. Now I mean no not to offend you if you are a hard core Bingo player but I have worked the Bingo circuit in my life and I can tell you these are not the kind of people I would watch on tv. I remember working those nights in High School to raise money for our Drama department and hoping to make it out alive. These people were scary! I will assure you ABC I will not be tuning in to your Bingo show and I hope no one else does either. It is time to stand up and demand better programming. I for one will be watching more movies or playing more video games if this is the programming I have to look forward to.

8 comments:

mama biscuit said...

I've completely given up on tv, I'm so sick of all the crap. Even if you can find a good show to watch, the commercials are enough to drive a person nuts.

Thank god for Tivo, I don't want live TV at all anymore.

The Q said...

I would never turn on the TV if the Hubs wasn't around. I just don't like too many shows that are on. He always watches sports so that *noise* is on in the background while I'm on the 'puter.

Bingo? You're kidding me, right?!?!

Karin said...

Tysgirl- We have a tivo-ish device on every tv in our house so we are commercial free as well. Man do I hate it when I have to watch live tv.

Soozieq- I swear I am not lying go to ABC.com if you don't believe me it is called Bingo Night.

Anonymous said...

I never watch TV. I hear people all the time ranting about this show or that show, but I can't get into it

SassyFemme said...

Now wait a minute, I've played Bingo on many occasions, and there weren't scary people there, mostly just some very entertaining characters, but they were harmless. Oh wait, maybe I'm the scary one. ;)

Tyguy said...

Ditto...ditto...

We have 2x tivos and struggle to find any good programming. I really look forward to college football. Other than that Heroes is about all I watch. Since acquiring Tysgirl's hand-me-down computer I've become quite the youtube fan... so I'm still kinda sitting on my ass watching a box. Just a smaller, closer box with more buttons. :)

Disneysue said...

Well, since I word about 55 hours a week, I dont watch as much TV as I would like to. It is fun to watch a retard show and poke fun at the parade of retards that tromp across it

michelle said...

Have you tried watching Lost? Although it's kinda hard to get into something like that in the middle of a season with out catching up first. That and Heros are about the only two shows that I "have" to watch. I catch bits and pieces of other shows sometimes. Two and a Half Men is pretty funny, and a couple of the other shows that are on before and after are too.