Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Another Year

As of today I am another year older. Well I guess I am really only a day older than yesterday but some smartass assigned a larger number to today. Usually my birthdays are different, I look forward to them and let everyone know hey my birthday is coming. This year it kinda snuck up on me and all of a sudden it is like oh yeah it is my birthday. Usually I look at this day and think what will be different about me in this year of my life. Last year at 33 I became a wife and changed who I am legally. I thought that was a huge change, and in a lot of respects it was, but really in my mind it didn't change all that much because I was already fully committed before that. This year though as I stare at 34 I know this is the biggest year of change ever. This year the events that unfold will truly change me forever and there will be no going back. If I thought changing my last name was going to change the care of who I am, it is nothing compared to the change in title I shall soon receive. This year I will become a Mom.

I look at that title and hope that I can live up to what it means. I hope that in the 34 years I spent preparing for this change I have learned to be the type of Mom my Mom would be proud of. I hope to be fair and patient. I hope that I will always love first and to act with that love. I hope that I can disciple correctly, following through on what I say. I hope to be fun. There are so many things that I can only hope that I have the tools to handle when they come my way, that I should be petrified. The thing is I know I had the greatest role model, and through that I think I am ready. I have learned that I will make mistakes and that it will be ok. There will be triumphs and pitfalls along the way and that they will balance each other out.

So anyway here I am another year older. Preparing to begin my life in a whole new way.

16 comments:

Michele_3 said...

Happy Birthday Karin!
So your an aries baby too? I'll be 35 next Monday-
Your going to be a great mom, If you look @ things for how they are & not how everything is supposed to be- It will get you through everything being a first time mommy..(hope that isn't confusing-)
Anyway- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Hope your day is full of sunshine!
HUGS!

Fairy said...

happy birthday darling..im sure you will be a great mum:)

The Q said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

You are going to be a fantastic Mom. Just keep your awesome sense of humor which will hopefully get you through things ;-)

Disneysue said...

Welcome Welcome Welcome to the wonderful world of 34! Its not a lot different from 33. Though it will be for you. Will you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tape the sex conversation that you have with your lil bambino? I sooooooo want to hear that one, since there is no chance of me being a fly on the wall.

PS Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Hapapy Birthday Dear Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaariiiiiiin Happy Birthday to yooooooooooooouuuu!!

Disneysue said...

Yes Hapapy, its an uhm, latin expression, yeah thats it

Anonymous said...

Karin, you are going to be a great mom. I don't think that there are any worries there.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

mama biscuit said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

You will be the best mommy!

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

Happy Birthday Karin!

Don't worry, you're going to be a great mom! Everyone learns as they go...that's what makes it so fun!

eyes_only4him said...

Holy Crap, I missed your birthday..

Happy birthday girl.

Birthdays dont seem like much to me anymore either...too bad people dont have parades in honor of us or something...

PinkCat said...

Happy Birthday to you sweetie and if it helps any you are a year young than me. Its not so bad. lol

You will be a super brilliant wonderful fab Mummy.

Take care xx

SassyFemme said...

Happy belated Birthday!

The Mad Hatter said...

O baby happy birthday ... I know Im very much late but I hope you had a great day ... both of you :-)
Kisses to you and baby xXxXxXxXx

michelle said...

Hey, you share a b-day with my daughter! I didn't know that! Happy belated birthday. I finally upadated my blog. Not much to say, but I updated anyway.

CPA Mom said...

Happy Birthday! I wish I had known.

You will be the best mother. You are so kind and caring.

Anonymous said...

Ummm... are you coming back or are you sleepy?

Paulinha said...

Hi Karin,
Happy, happy belated birthday!!!
I really hope you had a fabulous day!!
Now, in re to you being a good mother, I'm sure that'll happen!! I think no woman is born with "motherhood skills". I believe us women act by instinct. And being this lovely person that you're, I'm sure you'll have the instinct to educate and guide your kid in the best way for him/her.
Just relax and enjoy this new and beautiful stage of your life!!
It's going to be amazing, you’ll see!!!