Friday, April 18, 2008

Things that make you say Duh

The other day while surfing the net I glanced at what was at that moment the top news story. The story was that scientists have predicted that there will be a big earthquake in California. Now being a Californian this is something I am always aware of and if we can now predict them it will help our sanity a lot. So I click on the article only to find that they say we are going to have a 6 or higher earthquake in the next 30 years they are 99.97% sure. Really I am 35 years old and there have been at least 3 earthquakes that are above that I remember so telling me some time in the next 30 years there will be another really isn't shocker. Please don't bother me with this nonsense until you can give me more precise details.

My mom has made it home from her European trip. She had a great time and is probably still sitting at her computer sifting through photos of her adventures. Hell I may even have to set her up on flickr so she can share some of these pictures.

Lastly I am going to do a shameless product plug for no apparent reason. We have a Ceiva picture frame and love love love it. It is a digital picture frame that can be updated over the internet. It uses a dial up connection to download pictures and add it to your frame. No computer knowledge is needed. We have them for Brad's grandma and grandpa both in nursing homes. They love that they get new pictures of the baby from across the country daily (or whenever we send them) Anyway the frames have become so popular in our family that everyone has one except my oldest brother. My Mom every time I talk to her comments on the frame and then says "I need to get one for A" Anyway I have no affiliation with the company nor am I receiving anything for saying this but if you have people that are nagging that they want pictures this is a great way to always have fresh pictures displayed.

2 comments:

mama biscuit said...

I had no idea such a picture frame existed, thanks for the tip. My grandma would love that.

Karin said...

Ok how freaking random is it on the day I put a post about an earthquake there is a major one in the midwest. I swear I will only use my powers for good from now on.