Monday, September 04, 2006

Pictures

So for those of you even remotely interested in viewing some of the pictures I have taken lately you can now view them whenever you wish here

In other news we have had a very good three day weekend. On Saturday we went on our photo safari and if you read the post from then you already know that. Yesterday we went on a bike ride with our Rabbi and we talked with him and had a nice time. We came home and rested a bit and then went to dinner with Jens and Megan and went to see Beerfest. Dinner was nice and Beerfest was just as stupid as it looked. Today we sat around the house until 12:30 and then had lunch with Gordon. Apparently today the police were everywhere so we drove very carefully. After lunch we came home and hung out for a while and then went to see Invincible. The movie was very likeable and it is a nice feel good story. The movie itself was enjoyable but for some reason we were in the gross out noises section. Through the whole movie people were loudly snorting their snot, blowing their noses, burping, farting, and any other foul noise their bodies would make. The sad thing is it was from different groups of people and the noises were real not for effect. So I need you all to keep good thoughts that I didn't catch the plague at the movie theatre. After the movie we went to dinner and Gordon met us. We were seated and we got drinks, a long while after we order drinks they arrived. We ordered food and sat and talked. 30 minutes later our food was still not on the table and no one had been by to refill our drinks. Then our food came from a runner and still no sign of our server and no refills. I got up and grabbed the glasses and went over to the bar. When our server saw me at the bar with the glasses he came running to serve me. I told him we had waited forever and he never came by. I sat back down and began to eat my salad. I had a bite of it when I saw it was covered in tomatoes. I hate raw tomatoes and order them to be left off. So sent the salad back. When it finally returned to the table the boys had already finished eating. I looked at my salad not very hungry by that point and saw that in addition to the cubes of almost raw tri tip on the salad I was also given all the fat chunks and Grissle. Yeah disgusting. So at this point we get the manager over and so her the nasty food I had just been served. Her response, I will have them make you a new one. Yeah at this point I don't think so. I have lost my appetite and patience. I removed all the disgusting chunks and took the rest to go. Of course my meal was free. The funny thing is we are friends with the corporate chef, so Brad took pictures of my food and emailed them to corporate. I hope they step up cause that was terrible. Brad was making fun of me after the fact because this always happens to me. I probably have a terrible meal 1 out of 5 meals out. When I say terrible I mean like this too not mild mistakes. I swear I am not overly bitchy or picky I just have a knack for getting bad service.

7 comments:

Sapphire said...

It's a good thing you know someone higher up. I must say, though, that my bad service usually comes from fast food joints. I rarely eat out at a nice restaurant.

x

Karin said...

sapphire I tried to comment to you on your sight but your page wouldn't let me. I would leave the comment here but I am not sure if you will read it.

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

Same thing happens to me all the time too! I'm just too big of chicken to send it back, unless it's VERY screwed up. I'm scared of sneezers...LOL

The Q said...

I LOVE that picture of the purple sky sunset over Culver City. GORGEOUS!!!

I have a friend JUST like you. Every time we go out to eat together she ALWAYS has to send something back. I' not kidding, ALWAYS. We always joke about her (lack of) luck when eating out. Now I can tell her that she's not alone...you're right there with her ;-)

Michele_3 said...

Gross on the body noises while trying to catch a movie, I really hope you didn't catch anything! LOL

I have had my share of being served something wrong with my food, I always return it or just don't want another one- I can get grossed out easily when it is on my food or something is wrong with it too..
take care!

Disneysue said...

I, of course, LOVE the night Disneyland pics! I hope you had better luck with your meals in Italy. If you did, maybe your luck is just here in the USA.

Sapphire said...

I have another travel Q.