Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Have some cheese to go with my whine.

Be prepared for a whiny post ahead. Ok so I thought I was strong and handling pregnancy and all that came with it. I thought I was a big girl and I could get through it without whining too much about the side effects. This weekend I learned I was wrong. Now I have handled the hemorroids, constipation, moodiness, exhaustion, bloating, and even one night throwing up my dinner still sitting at the dinner table at a restaurant with my bro and almost sister in law. I believe that I never once whined on here about any of those things. Heck to some degree I thought these symptoms were funny. But saturday morning I woke up with the worst side effect I have ever heard of. Now I guess I should say I have never been one to get zits and maybe only ever get one a month during my cycle. In the last few weeks though I have been breaking out fairly regularly. I have had zits on my lips several times and I thought they were the worst place to get one, that is until Saturday. I woke up and my right eye hurt so bad I thought I might have pink eye. I went to the bathroom and found no I didn't have pink eye I have a zit forming on my eyelid right above my eyelashes. Now who the hell has ever gotten a zit on their eyelid? Anyway add the painful zits to the sleeplessnes, the complete inability to find a comfortable position, and the extreme pressure on my hips and bladder making me likely to pee my pants at the threat of a sneeze or a bump in the road, and I will say I am over being pregnant and would really like this baby to come early. Brad doesn't want him to come yet but since he isn't carrying the baby and flatly refuses to be the pregnant one for even a day he doesn't get a vote. I guess I really don't get a vote either but if I did I would say come early little man, Mommy wants to meet you.

This weekend we went about getting new cell phones and getting on a family plan. I got a new Blackberry Pearl in red and Brad ordered the iphone that I believe arrived today. Of course this means that Brad has taken over my laptop because it is much better to pair the iphone with the mac then with a pc. Ahh sweet apple I loved you while you were mine. We will have to have our love affair during the day while my husband is at work. Anyway I love my new phone and it has enabled me to be even more obsessive about checking my email. It is nice having a whole keyboard to type on instead of the old way of text messaging. I have found I can keep up a little more with Brad's texts. I am sure I will get faster when I get used to where all the keys are. I still have to figure out how to invite other blackberry users to be in my circle so I promise when I have Brad home to show me I will ask him how to send you my code Penni.

Last night I went and took a lactation class, to help ease my fears about feeding this little man when he comes out. I took my friend with me who just finished her first trimester. I think we must have been the most immature people in the class cause we were the ones giggling at milk oozing from nipples on the video. There were also several parts where I was cringing at the thought. It is still weird to me that these enormous spill catchers are going to provide the thing to solely sustain my child for the first 6 months of his life. The body is an amazing thing and I am happy that these things will finally have a purpose other than to prove what a slopping eater I am. Anyway I am glad that I took the class. My friend was glad to have gone too and knows now that she needs to take classes from her hospital to see how things will be done there. Tonight we have our very last prepared child birth class. I guess after that we will know all we are going to know to actually have the baby. Oh in case any of you are counting I am due in 32 days. Can you believe that 32 more days and then we will have a little us.

I think that is all I have left to say of any value. I will post more later when I have something worth saying.

6 comments:

Michele_3 said...

Hey Karin!
Hang in there sweetie, all the little annoying things we go through in pregnancy is so WORTH it in the end- you won't even rember the zits,vomiting,burping etc.. ever again- I promise! I had the same skin problems with all of my guys, Its just your hormones rising up and down. Believe it or not-(just a little tip from me) The best thing that worked for me and got it in control was using regular Dove soap on my face a lot & it really cleared up!

Good luck, I'll be checking in with you- I'm not blogging too much lately but I definitely want to know when you have had the baby boy!!
HUGS!

mama biscuit said...

You're such a trooper, you really haven't complained at all- and god knows you deserved to!

Just between you and me, I have no idea what "code" you're talking about. There are probably so many things about my blackberry that I don't even know about.....I'm counting on you to school me! K?

Disneysue said...

I thought it was called a crack-berry? Are you gadgeted out yet?? Between hubby's gadgets and baby's gadgets is there any room for you anymore???

Stacy said...

hemorroids... Oh god am I going to get Hemorroids. Nooooo!!!

Good job on the not complaining because I have been doing it all the time lol

Especially since I can't sleep. It makes it worse.

CPA Mom said...

Good Lord Karin, you are PREGNANT in the middle of the SUMMER. It's not whining. It's telling it like it is and YOU ARE ALLOWED. I'm always happy to read a post from you, no matter what. You bring me fond memories of my pregnancy days. Only a few days to go until we meet Little Man. So exciting! Hang in there. It will all be worth it

eyes_only4him said...

u have a right to whine, most o* us have been there, so we understand;)

it will all be over soon:)