Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Catering

So this week I am catering but not doing data entry for the same company I usually work with. It has been so nice to bring the food and leave and not have to stay there all day and feel weird about how the food is or was. Of course I am not making as much money without doing the data entry but I am still making enough to make it worth my time and I am enjoying it so that is all that really matters.

Today as I was coming home I saw a true fashion victim riding a bmx bike. She was wearing camouflaged pants in green, hot pink sparkly high heeled pumps, a jacket with a fur hood and a big gold sparkly purse. It looked hysterical and was only made funnier by the fact that she was an adult riding a 2nd graders bike. I think all of her items may be highly fashionable on their own but all together it looked dumb. Of course I am sitting here in an oversized t-shirt with food on it and jeans that have chicken grease all over the knee, but in my defense I did just get back from catering and I haven't changed yet.

Today I get to go back to the dentist to see how everything is heeling and hopefully I will get permission to eat with and brush that side of my mouth. I am hoping that all the dental stuff is coming to an end soon. Yesterday I got my Seasonale prescription refilled for the first time with our new insurance and it was only 25 bucks instead of the 115 I had to pay with the old insurance. That was a really nice surprise because when we started with them Brad asked if they would cover that and they said no so I was expecting to have to pay more than with the old insurance. I love stuff like that it is like finding money in your pocket. Anyway that is about it for now if I think of more I will come back.

6 comments:

The Q said...

Hope all goes well with the dentist visit! Congrats on the new insurance Rx reduction...being "self employed" for the first time ever, I'm really stunned at how much my stupid asthma REALLY costs me financially.

Oh and the lady on the bmx bike sounds like she was playing dress up as a hooker. Just my humble opinion :-)

Disneysue said...

HA~HA~HA!!! Camo is back for those who can wear it. Someone should tell that lady that she is not one of them.
WOW! I cant believe your perscription costs that much! I cant imagine how much it owuld be without insurance! OUCH!

Karin said...

ok now that all the susie's have rung in I can say I saw another fashion victim at costco and she was so bad I am not sure I can properly describe her other than over weight 65+ years old Orange sparkly with silver sweater that exposed mid drift, purple velura stretch pants with leapard print and knee high high heeled tan suide boots. It was my day for fasshion victims.

Soozieq I imagine it is really expensive I used to work for an insurance company and I would see all the bills. Good luck finding a plan that will cover you and the hubs.

Susieba- I didn't have my digital camera but I did have my cell phone but I don't think it would have translated very well. I also wasn't sure if anyone else would find it as funny as I did. As far as the catering goes I accidently started my own business and I cater for a studio around the corner from my house when they have clients shooting there. In addition to doing all their food I also do the data entry of all the stuff they are shooting. It pays really well and they are really easy going.

Susan- yeah imagine paying that much for pills to prevent something from happening that you actually want desperately to happen. It sucks big time. Oh well by this time next year I won't be taking it anymore.

Disneysue said...

WOOOHOOOO!

Disneysue said...

OH MY GAWD! I LOVE the puppy! His head follows your mouse! BTW, how goes the puppy campaign?

Karin said...

Susan isn't she so cute, I saw this on Shangie's sisiter's blog and I has to steal it. Sadly I think this is as close as I am getting to my chocolate puppy for quite awhile. You can also make her jump up for treats if you click them over her head.