Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Invitations

So I haven't been around to actually update my own blog because I have been non stop on operation mail out invitations since Friday. Yesterday I sent out 143 invitations. Today about 30 more went out. I also filed for my passport yesterday and that should arrive by May 2nd. So I am covered in ink from doing all the calligraphy on the inside envelopes. No I didn't lick the invites I used a sponge thingy to seal all of them. On Friday I went to the post office to buy all the stamps for the invites. I know they have special wedding stamps that you can buy so I was thinking they would be a heart or something. I handed the mail man a invite and asked what the postage would be for that and the return card. The mail man got all excited. He started dancing around and crossing his fingers as he waited for the scale. Once he saw that the invites would be able to go out at the 63 cent prize he jumped up a little in glee. Apparently the stamps come together on a card for weddings so you get the 39 cent stamp on one side and the 63 cent stamp on the other. It is a new thing and this man had never gotten to sell one of them before so he was quite excited about it. He comes back with the stamps and I glance down and find to my horror that the stamp has a bird on it. I hate birds and I certainly didn't want one to be the symbol on all of our invites, on the other hand I wasn't about to tell this man that I didn't want the special sheet he was so happy to be selling. So yep all the invites have a bird stamp on them.

Saturday night we took a break from invitations and went to the dinner and a movie thing. In concept a great idea, in reality poorly executed. There was a Hollywood nightclub that shared a lobby with the theater and so before the movie even ended the music from the club was so loud that our table and drinks were shaking a lot. It was hard to see the movie at times because the serving staff all walked around on the same level as everyone watching the movie. The worst thing was though that the food while it tasted fine was not what we expected. Most of the things on the menu were between 10-20 dollars. I ordered the special which I thought might be a few dollars more than the most expensive thing on the menu. I ordered the filet and it was about 6 oz and they charged $40 I nearly had a heart attack. Yeah lesson learned don't order the special unless you want to be specially shocked. Brad's food came out cold and he had to send it back and get it reheated. So all in all it was not an experience we care to do again. We did have a good time though because it was nice to get away from the wedding planning and it was even nicer to get to go out with friends. It is also nice because the couple we went out with is getting married this summer so they are going through the same things we did or are.

Sunday night I ordered a new digital camera and it should arrive here by Friday. I bought the Nikon Coolpix s5. It is just a little thicker than a credit card and it is 6 mega pixels and it takes TV resolution video. I am told that it is really good. I really like the size of it and that is what I wanted for when we are in Italy. A small camera that is easy to always have ready that takes a high res picture. I can't wait for it to come, however Brad is almost as excited for my camera as I am and I am not sure if he will even let me play with my own camera because he is going to take it over. I suppose that is what happens when you marry a gadget freak.

So the wedding is exactly 2 months from today and I am starting to really feel like this is going to really happen. You know we must really love each other if we didn'y kill one another getting these invites out.

Yesterday my new Tassimo beverage system (coffee maker) It is so cool you put a disk in and hit the button and it makes you the perfect cup of coffee, tea, or hot coco, depending on what kind of disk you out in. It also makes cappucinos and all of the fancy drinks too. I bought it for catering but we will see if I will ever be ok letting someone else touch it. I love new toys.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

gadget freak huh?? Now is that name calling?? I think not. Glad that you did not kill each other over assembly of the invitations. I have too much time,energy & money invested in "the wedding weekend" to have one of you killed over invitations..Wow, exactly 2 months and counting..or should i say the final count down..we are all getting very excited!! Be here before we know it!!

Karin said...

Sandy- No I wouldn't kill him, I think we all have too much invested at this point, and not all or even mostly finacial.

D- It is set in stone in that we are definately going but where we are staying and the actual travel plans have yet to be set.

Disneysue said...

Oh man I am so jealous! I just saw that advertised the other day and I want one SOOO BAD!! Now I have to come visit you so you can make a froo froo coffee drink! No pepper please :o)

Jenn said...

Once the invitations go out there's no turning back. That coffee thing sounds awesome. I want one.

eyes_only4him said...

ok, I hope you maid of honor and what not are heloing with all that...they are suppose to help with the invitaions..

i remeber doing mine..i didnt invitte many people cause I didnt wanna have to spend 200 bucks on stamps..how lame is that??..haha

keesh said...

no one will care of their are birds on the stamps you silly girl :).

keesh said...

I think I would go into culture shock if I came out to where you live. a movie with waitresses walking around you? Never heard of it around here. I live in a tiny town in Michigan and I am deprived i tell you, deprived of red carpet kind of action :)