Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Sometimes I am not as bright as I think I am

So last night I didn't feel much like dinner and or making dinner. I finally decided to make breakfast for dinner and so we had waffles and bacon. I made the waffles and some how timed everything perfectly to when Brad walked through the door. All was going well and he even seemed excited to have waffles for dinner. I then went to the cabinet to get the syrup. There was no syrup there. What the F how could we possibly not have syrup? Ok well I knew the last time we went to Ikea we bought a bottle of Lingonberry syrup so all was again fine with dinner. I served the waffles and the Ikea syrup and was surprised at how liquidy it was. No problem it tasted fine and Brad didn't complain so I ate my waffles and kept quiet. As we finished and Brad was clearing the table I mentioned that I was surprised at how liquidy the syrup was, Brad said he was too and then he turned the bottle and read it. To make beverage mix with water. It wasn't pancake syrup it was koolaide mix. Yeah and I am a chef. Oh well we all make mistakes.

This week I am a little preoccupied because we have to get all the wedding invitations out by the 21st. We spent all of last night finalizing a list of invites and now it is on to the assembly and addressing of envelopes. Aren't you all glad you are not in the middle of planning your own wedding. I can not believe in a little over 2 months I am going to be a Mrs.

As for the quiz, Walmart is not a department store. I think at best it is called a super store or a drug store. There is only one place that I have made a whole post on hating. I will give you that Walmart is not one of my favorite businesses but honestly there is not one around here so I don't really give it much thought. Don't feel too bad at missing that one though because no one including Brad got that one right, though he should have known better. I am guessing that a lot of you are Walmart haters and were projecting that to me.

I have been to a lot of blogs lately that have lost someone and it is really sad. I don't know if it is the season for it or something but really I am getting so sad I don't think I can deal with much more death. SO if you are a reader of my blog I forbid anyone you know to pass away until after June. I think I can handle it better by then.

It is Purim, which is a very fun loving Jewish Holiday. The rules are, for adults, to drink until you don't know the difference between blessed be Mortichi and cursed be Hamen. While I can't spell it I am still too sober to not know the difference. So pardon this post I am rather buzzed but I am still not to drunk to follow Jewish Law.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

HUMM, Yum!! Watery syrup, sounds so yummy, i really thought that the punchline was going to be that it was snowcone syrup...At least we can share those funny moments and laugh at ourselves.Can only imagine the funny ones that we don't know about if you are posting these..LOL..
Glad that those wedding invitations are getting ready to travel around the country. Warms my heart!! Also makes me realize that I need to keep on tast to getting my "list" done..Looking forward to great days ahead..(If there are waffles at the wedding, i'll bring the syrup"
Love back at ya!!

The Q said...

You crack me up....beverage mix? Heh. That is something I'd do!

I hope you enjoyed your Jewish Holiday and don't feel too bad today ;-)

Karin said...

Sandy actually the syrup wasn't bad. We had a very good laugh about it once we discovered what had happened.

Soozieq I knew you would appreciate my mix up. No I didn't drink enough to feel bad today. I just woke up a little dry mouthed.

Disneysue said...

HA! HA! HA! I can only imagine the look one would give if it had tasted like unsweetened koolaid! Just picture it, your mouth is all ready to enjoy the waffle that you prepared so carefully only to bite into it and have your face turn inside out!

I cant wait to see the perrrrty invites! Id lend you my tongue but it dont stretch that far!

eyes_only4him said...

man...that is pretty bad...even i would know the diffnerce between koolaide mix and syrup..geesh..

and walmart is neither a dept sotre or super center..it is a complex that the devil made in order for world domination..and nits working;)

Anonymous said...

I figured Walmart was thrown in there as a deterrant that it WAS NOT the answer lol, but it did strike me as odd that it was in there.

Girl who needs syrup? Add some fruit inside the waffles, along with some fruit and whip cream on top and you are good to go!

Jenn said...

My husband would have probably eaten that syrup even if he knew it wasn't real syrup. I can't believe the combinations of sauces he will eat... actually after over nine years I am very used to it. Any syrup from IKEA can't be too bad.

The Mad Hatter said...

Happy St Paddy's Day darling

XxX

Karin said...

Susan- when I got my snoopy snow cone machine as a kid the only koolaide mix we had was unsweetened, which at the time I didn't know existed, lets just say they were nasty snow cones and snoopy was never the same to me again.

Susieba- no I won't lick the envelopes that is why we have cats, they lick everything. Ok really we will use a sponge thingy, I wouldn't want PETA boycotting my blog.

Bossy- I find it hard to believe you wouldn't do something similar. And yes WalMart is the root of evil.

Angel I would have used fruit but I was trying to avoid going to the store and I didn't have any handy nor did I have any whipped cream. No fear though I have stocked up now.

Jenn- maybe we should send Brad and George to cold stone together and see who could make a grosser combo. Brad's goal is to make the weirdest combo of the day when we go there, it grosses me out.

Hatty- Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too.