Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Cold Dead Body

I don't know if any of you are aware of this because it hasn't gotten much press, but the Pope is dead. While I find it said that the old man has passed and that he was very important to a lot of people, I don't see why every time I turn on the TV or open the internet I have to see pictures of his cold dead body. I know that in the Catholic faith they find it important to view the body of a loved one and since so many people hold a high value on the Pope they have to show pictures of him to those that have to mourn. My question is how does that involve me. I have no desire to see a dead body and am a bit offended that the media is forcing him on me even in commercials. I think they should have a special channel where it is all dead Pope all day long. You could put music to it and treat it like the Yule log they show every year at Christmas. For that matter I nominate the channel that plays the Yule log as the Dead Pope channel. That way only people who want to gaze upon the stiff, cold body can do so whenever they please and I don't have to see it. I have never seen a dead body before and have made the choice not to. I did not see the remains of my Grandparents when they passed and missing that part of the process did not hinder my grieving process. I certainly don't care to see a religious figure I didn't care about or agree with in life dead. So please media take your cold dead body pictures somewhere else.

OK now that I am done with that rant I will move on to other news. I only have one more work day and then I will begin my three day weekend of wine tasting and birthday. I love my birthday. The attention whore in me comes out and I love that everyone stops and acknowledges that a great thing happened to the world 32 years ago.... Karin entered it and the world may never be the same again. (Hee hee hee) Tomorrow will be a very busy day, I have to work in the morning and then Michele comes in the afternoon to abuse me yet again. I swear she keeps getting more and more sadistic in the torture she calls training. Then Tomorrow night I have my very first Intro to Judaism class. 18 weeks and I should be almost converted. The Rabbi already said I will be the teachers star student. I am afraid I will be one of those know it all geeks that the class wants to pummel. I guess we will see.

Today in the mail I got a new toy. I got the Ipod Shuffle Sport Case. So now my Shuffle is in a water proof case so I can still go out and exercise if it is raining. Of course I got this just as it seems the rain is finally gone. Oh well I guess I run a little late some times. Last night Brad got home about the same time as my alarm started to go off to get up. Ah well we will get to see each other this weekend and he is going to go with me to my Intro class. I think he is afraid of me knowing more about being a Jew than him and that is why he is so willing to take this class. We will see if he stays as interested in the class when homework is assigned. To be honest I am not sure how interested I am in homework. I mean how can a assignment show what my faith is. Well rules are rules and I will have to play by them for now.

No comments: