Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Pet Peeves

Ok so the other day Brad and I went to the movies. We saw Sin City and I hated it, but that is beside my point here. I find several things at a movie theatre just get on my nerves. The one that really gets me is the sound of people crunching all through the movie. Why in the world did we decide to have the worlds noisiest food as the movie staple. I really don't want to hear you crunching in the middle of the movie I paid to watch. I also hate people who come in late to a movie and then expect other people to change seats to accomendate them. First I got here early and chose the specific seats I did for a reason. Second believe it or not I am watching the previews and to me it is just as much a part of the movie as the movie itself. Third the world doesn't revolve around you so why am I being inconvenienced for your lack of time management. My last big annoyance in the theatre is children in movies they have no business seeing. First a 10 pm show is not for you to have your kids at. That show time is adults only and we don't want to listen to your screaming kids who are up way past their bedtime so they are tired and cranky. Two a rated R film is not for your 5 year old. There is a reason that the films are rated and if you have to bring Billy to the movies take him to a movie that is for him and not for me. Third I am not their parent, if I wanted kids I would have them so don't ask me to parent them for you. You know when they are being rude and distracting, so do something about it, don't make me turn around and tell Billy to please stop kicking my seat and throwing popcorn.

The thing is I really do like going to the movies. There is no better way to see a movie than on the big screen with the sound rumbling your seats. I just don't like other people distracting me from staying in the world of the movie. I don't want to know that I am surrounded by other people watching a movie, I want to be the third person omniscient who is floating above the story being played out. I can see now that this was my problem with Sin City. I could in no way feel apart of the movie being played out. The story didn't make me want to go there with them, so instead my brain focused on the none ceasing sound of crunching coming from the stranger next to me. Next time I hope people will eat dinner before the movie begins.

No comments: