Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I am blogging this

I was lacking a creative name for today's post so that is all I came up with sorry. My parents are still meeting with lawyers and appraisers before they make a final decision about their house. My Dad really wants to sell and my Mom really doesn't want to sell. So my Mom is feeling a little sad because she realizes she can't make my Dad not sell and not have him resent her for it later. It is sad really when did we become grownups and have to consider everyone else over our own wants. I really wish they wouldn't sell but I also want them to make the best decision for themselves. I really want to throw myself on the ground and throw a big old tantrum though and say they can't sell.

Brad is still working insane hours. They were suppose to end this week but alas they have extended his deadline until May 20th. I find it a little funny that Brad asked me to marry him and then started working around the clock the next day. He is so burnt out and tired of this movie he was sorry they extended the deadline as well. The thing is that my hours are quite the opposite right now and it would be nice if for once we could meet in the middle. Oh well hopefully this will be over in just a couple more weeks.

We had a very lovely Seder Sunday and it was really nice to enjoy the company of good friends around our table. It has really put a burden on my heart though. I have not been able to stop thinking about Brad and I starting a ministry to the young adults at our synagogue that have no other place to fit in. See as we aren't married yet we can not attend the couple events. As we are not parents we can not attend family events. As we are not students we can not attend student groups. So we have fallen into a whole. It seems to me that there are several other people at the Temple who are in the same boat as we are which is how we made friends with Jamie and Jenny who came to our Seder. The more I think about it the more I realize that if I feel called to do something about it I really need to act upon it. So I am thinking about starting small and just inviting people to come over after Temple Friday night for dessert and coffee and see where it goes from there. I am not sure as this is all very new to me but I think I might talk to the Rabbi about it and see what he might suggest. Well I suppose that this is all I have to say for now. I will talk to you all later.

No comments: