Thursday, April 14, 2005

Frustration

Ever have one of those days when you feel like the cosmos is spitting on you. I had been having such a lovely time, a nice three day weekend with Brad and good friends, cool birthday presents, beautiful scenery and things maybe picking up at work. So I suppose as per the law of gravity I had to come down. Yesterday I went out to my car after a long day working and there was a parking ticket on my car. I figured it was because my sticker had been pulled off only a few days before and I had yet to make it to the DMV. So I took the ticket off my window, was a little frustrated and looked at the ticket. It was for $330.00 for parking in a handicap zone. Let me be clear and say I was parked on a city street with no signs limiting parking and the curb was not then nor had it ever been painted blue for handicap. In fact the only blue thing anywhere near the area is for a payphone. So now I get to fight the law. I am going to have to turn into mega photographer taking pictures of the area to prove it wasn't a handicapped spot. So my solution to this problem is screw them I will ride my bike from now on. Let them find a way to give that a parking ticket. All this started because the city is trying to get the homeless out of the area and so they have removed all the parking under the bridge and so there is little to no parking and the parking that is there is being strickly enforced. So I guess a homeless person needed my registration more than I did. At least they didn't break into my car.

So this prompted me to try and get the new printer working because I need to print out some forms to take with me to the dmv. Well it is now 3 hours later and I still don't have the printer working. Oh well it is not my day. If I can not get them to work tonight I will print it from work tomorrow.

On better news we have our intro to Judaism class tonight and I will get to play another round of stomp the Rabbi. I will be accepting questions in the comments that you may have for me to see if I can stomp him again. Last week I asked how you could hire a Temple Goy if the Torah says everyone in your camp including the stranger should rest on the 7 day. He didn't answer me but Rabbi Maller at my temple did. The goy can not be employed they have to volunteer to do those things for you or you are breaking the Sabbath and the practice began when Jews moved into cold climates like Russia because they could not survive the cold from not lighting fires. So feel free to leave your burning question for next weeks episode of Stump the Rabbi.

No comments: