Wednesday, March 09, 2005

How are you doing?

So I have notice that a lot of people ask how you are when you are out and about but don't really care about the answer. So I have a theory about giving an unexpected answer when they ask the question. It almost always leads to a longer conversation. When someone asks how I am doing instead of saying the expected answer of fine, I go overboard. "I am fabulous" The person almost always does a double take and then makes a secondary comment. I am sure I could also catch them off guard by being negative but I like the positive a lot more. Today at the grocery store I used the positive response to the guy in the produce aisle. His whole face lit up. I suppose that people are lonely at work and would like some positive interaction. I think that my little test made both of us in better moods.

It looks like work is finally picking up. We have over a thousand dollars in sandwiches going out tomorrow. The owner also sent out all the cookies to perspective clients so I will have a lot of cookie baking to do tomorrow. She has also been spending a great deal of time online researching possible new clients and making calls. Maybe she will make it through after all. She says she is really committed to saving the company and I hope that that is true. All I know for sure right now is that there is enough work at this point for me to work full days on Thursday and Friday of this week and hopefully next week will be a big week. The time off is nice but I would much rather be working. Wow when did that happen that I would much rather be a work then at home. Oh well Brad has the opposite problem as me right now with too much work. I guess someday we will learn to coordinate our schedules better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK,still don't know who that first engagement gift was from?? Am I curious? Yes? Or maybe no one is reading my comments..LOL (KFMIL)

Karin said...

Your comments are definately being read I haven't decided if I should post the names of the innocent. I will tell you their name starts with an A. And he is a fine man. I hope this helps