Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Buzz Kill

Today I got home and opened the front door to get the mail. As I opened the front door a little fedex sticky fell so I picked it up and it said the package was left on the patio. Curious what package are they speaking of. I didn't order anything and Brad didn't tell me he did either. So I went out onto the patio and retrieved the package. To my delight it was addressed to me! I love packages so I was totally excited to rip it open. I looked at it first to see who it was from but it didn't have a sender on it. So I ripped it open and reached in to see what great surprise someone had sent me. In the package was 2 screws from sears and nothing else. What a buzz kill I didn't even remember the 2 screws were ordered. So once again today I hate Sears, just when you get your hopes up for something great they screw you.

Once again tomorrow we have no orders so I am taking a forced day off. I am so pissed off at the owner right now I can't even talk. I know I need to start looking seriously for a new job but they aren't easy to come by and I still don't have a lot of contacts. The other thing is that I will have a hard time finding something that has weekends off so I can spend time with Brad. I never really thought it would matter to me so much if I had to work weekends but now I realize that the time we have is precious and I would like to make the most of it not lessen it. My boss doesn't want me to look for another job and he said he was going to fight with the owner to get me on salary so that I won't keep losing so much of my paycheck. I don't really see this happening but it is nice to know he wants to fight for my job. So I am feeling a bit alone and sad right now and I really wish my best friends were closer. Sometimes it is hard spending so much time alone and not having trusted girlfriends to talk to face to face. I miss living in the dorms where a friend was always somewhere to be found when you are feeling really low. I miss my mom having hot chocolate with marshmallows and her hugging me and telling me it would be ok. Why can't life be as simple as it was when we were younger. Anyway I am in a bad mood and probally should not be blogging when I am in this kind of mood.

I guess what this post comes down to is that I HATE WEDNESDAYS!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it will raise your spirits a bit to know that a dear family friend called the other day to get the address of Brad & Karin to send you guys an engagement gift, then called back for a phone number to have on the delivery info..so i don;t know when, but a package will arrive, with a HUntingdon Valley address, and i can reassure you that it will have more than 2 screws in it...Smile,and don't sweat the small stuff!! With love,
your future 'mother-in-law'