Monday, March 21, 2005

Old Friends

This weekend my very good friend came up from Northern Cal and spent the weekend with us. It was a very nice visit and nice to have a girlfriend around to do girlie things with. The only problem is that she is a night owl and I am a morning person. Ok let me just say I wish I wasn't a morning person but the hours I work force me to be one. I tried to stay up late with her and watch a Sex in the City marathon but 2 episodes in I was asleep on the couch. Then I got up at 8 the next morning and had to hide downstairs until she and Brad finally woke up at 10. It is funny how when people come to visit it is really nice having them, but it is also really nice when they leave. Something about having to entertain people can be so draining especially if you have already worked a long day. Today when I got home she asked what I had planned for us to do. I hadn't planned anything I just wanted to sit down for a little while and rest before I had to take her to the airport tonight and go to Hebrew class afterwards although it was cancelled. But I worked up the energy and we walked over to Target and did some shopping and had manicures. My ring does look even better with manicured hands. We then were going to go have Chinese Food at Thai Klang Dong but after we walked over there we discovered it was closed for some unknown reason. Oh well she could get something at the airport. I had a really good time having her here for the weekend. I also feel good that I got her out walking, even though she hated it. At least now she sees it can be done. Although I don't think she will keep up with it. Oh well I can't convince everyone.

In other news since we did a lot of shopping this weekend I tried on a lot of clothes and the results were conclusive at all the stores. I have gone down a size. It isn't much yet and I can't really see a difference but down a size is definitely a start. My trainer will be so happy tomorrow when I tell her. She will then promptly kick my butt a little harder. I have stayed off caffeine for 2 1/2 weeks now and I am feeling pretty good about it. I meet with the Doctor this week to get a follow up exam. I bought a pedometer today so I will finally know how far I walk a day. I think it will be interesting. We went to the mall this weekend and one of the stores has a very cool thing in it. You go into this booth and this thing spins around the booth and tells the computer your exact measurements. I think I should go in there once a week and get measured to see what the change is from week to week. I will also be able to tell where the weight is coming off first. Like wow this week I lost Butt!! Anyway they have the machine for 8 weeks and I will let you know how it goes. Well I am tired of writing now so I will end this blog for tonight and write more tomorrow. Yes I will be better about writing on a daily bases again.

No comments: