Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Who's life is this anyway?

Do you ever have one of those days when something so cool is going on that you sit back and wonder who's life you are living because no way could this be yours? Saturday night was one of those days. On Friday I was listening to the radio at work and they kept talking about Coldplay playing at a small club Friday night and tickets were only 10 bucks. I seriously considering going and buying tickets when they said that you could only purchase 1 ticket and it would be a wrist band not a ticket. As there was no way Brad could meet me to purchase a ticket for himself I gave up the idea. On Saturday Brad went off to work and I stayed home. Everything about the day seemed normal and we had discussed possibly going out with friends later that night. So I texted Brad asking him if he wanted me to makes some calls. He texted me back saying no we already had plans. He then called me a few minutes later and told me that Rob Cohen the director of Stealth had given him 2 tickets to the Coldplay concert Saturday night. I was thrilled and a little confused, who gets $150 a seat tickets for free? I then busied myself trying to figure out proper concert attire, ah yes I am a woman. We then met Brad's coworker, Markus, who had also been given a set of tickets, and went to the concert. As we were walking in we got more and more excited and then they took our tickets and said you can pick up your wrist bands over there. Wrist Bands? We glance over and see the wrist band table and above it were 3 little letters that sent us all into delight, VIP. We all giggled and jumped up and down with excitement. We then picked up our wrist bands and were told this would get us into the after party. Ok heaven was setting in. We then went to see our seats, center orchestra eye level to the stage. Ahh jumbo tron we don't need you tonight. I then turned to Brad and asked if he ever has one of those days when you wonder who's life this is anyway. He nodded and then I said well today I know who's it is Rob Cohen. Brad agreed that it was nice to be Rob. So that has now become a new running joke.

Now on to wedding stuff. Since we got engaged I have become painfully aware of all of those people in my life who I haven't kept track of. The people you think of all the time but never enough to reach out and call them. I started to feel really bad about all those people I have lost. It seems a little selfish to get in touch with them now because I have something to celebrate and not before just to celebrate their friendship. None the less I have made efforts to contact a lot of my old friends and have had surprising results. It would seem that a lot of others carry around the same guilt for not staying in contact and they also have big things to celebrate. It is shocking to see how many people are having babies!!! Anyway I was able to get in touch with an old roommate that I had lost track of, and it was one of those people who when you talk to them after a long time apart it seems as though no time has past. She is so great she has volunteered to do all the girlie shopping stuff and what not that is involved in a wedding. You may also guess that she is pregnant with her first baby. I am so glad to have a friend like her and still a little sad that I have not kept in better touch. So I suppose the point of all this to anyone reading is if you keep meaning to get in touch with someone. Do it already!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was quite an enjoyable evening!! Got to grab those "who's life is it anyway?" moments and savor them!! (KFMIL)