Monday, March 07, 2005

Screwed Again

Ok so it is official, I hate screws. Yesterday when Brad was rotating my tires I noticed that one of my tires had a screw in it. It had not lost any air but since we were putting it on as a front drive tire it was pretty important for me to get it fixed as soon as possible. So today being a Monday I took it down the street to Foogert's Tire. They took my car around and fully patched my tire and not plugged it and had it back to me in under 20 minutes and it only cost me $15. I feel lucky to have such a great tire place down the street. So my Blue Beast is ready to go with 4 nonscrewed tires on it. I find it a little ironic that I keep getting caught off guard by screws.

So I had big plans for today and I was going to skip a day with the walking. My day didn't quite turn out as I had planned. Last night my boss called and once again today there was no work for me. Since I didn't go into work I wasn't there to go to the conference tonight to learn about fruit desserts. So I found myself with a whole day off until my Hebrew class tonight. So I went for a walk today and followed the same route I have walked all weekend which took me about an hour to walk. So I set out and began my walk at 12:55 I walked the route and got stopped several times at lights and had to wait for the walk arrow. I returned home and checked the clock and discovered that it was only 1:35 I somehow knocked about 20 minutes of my walk time. I am not sure how I did that but I must have been hauling butt to cut that much time. I guess I will have to add some side streets into my walk if I want to walk for and hour. When I got home I went to the pool and jumped in and had my first swim of the year. I will give it one word "Brrrrrrrrr" OK so maybe it is a little early to be swimming but it definitely woke me up.

I found something pretty amusing to myself as I walked the last couple of days. I am not a slow walker and I frequently pass other people out for a walk as well. Yesterday there was a young slim couple out walking their dog and you could tell they were trying to exercise as well. The problem was the man was smoking and I didn't want to stay behind them and have to breath his smoke as I was trying to exercise. So I picked up my pace and rushed passed them. I then started to laugh to myself at how humbled these people would be to be passed by a lard ass like me. Granted they probably didn't think about it at all or even really notice, but it made me laugh and push a little harder so it couldn't be bad. The other funny thing that happened today is that as I was walking I was listening to my Ipod Shuffle as I walked and listening to a random assortment of music. A song came on that was the song my trainer walked down the aisle to at her wedding. I had to laugh and start walking a little faster because in my head there she was saying drop those shoulders, try to bring your belly button in to your back, stand up tall and use your posture. Even once in my head I heard you are doing great keep it up. I guess she can find all sorts of ways to get her message across even if it is just a song.

No comments: