Thursday, March 31, 2005

Tired

This has been a very long week. My boss is on vacation so that leaves the pastry kitchen all to me. This would not be a big deal because we are slow except that the orders seem to come in at the last second and so I try to find things to do to keep me there in case something comes in. Since I have no clue of what will come when I am playing it by ear a lot. In addition to this I am trying to be very good about doing my exercises. Today I went on an hour and a half bike ride. All I can say now is I am sore. I am however really enjoying my Ipod shuffle and am glad I have it for my daily exercising. I guess I am lucky with the exercise that I can go out and walk or go out and bike ride. I don't think I would be nearly as motivated using stationary equipment. I know of no stationary bike that takes you past fields of wild flowers and then to the ocean but the bike trail next to my house does. Of course a stationary bike doesn't have to fight upwind, but hey mare of a workout for me.

In other news not related to me, Terri Shiavo finally passed away today. I am happy she is finally at peace. I hope someday soon her family will enjoy peace as well. I wonder if her parents felt any sense of relief when she finally passed away. I know when my grandparents were ill it was very sad to see them go but also good that their pain and struggling was over. In any case I hope they now can focus on the love of Terri and not on her time in the vegetative state.

Oh well it is time for me to go to bed. I have to be at work at 4am tomorrow. It is somewhat troubling to know that when I get to work in the morning you guys on the East Coast are still asleep. I am tempted sometimes to call just because you have already slept 3 more hours than me. I suppose that is the stinker in me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it is 4am for you, it is 7am for me, and I have already had a full night's sleep...Now it is a whole other story for a certain someone who forgot very quickly that if it was 11pm on the west coast it was 2am on the east coast, and YES, I was fast asleep when HE would call to say "HI" You are so lucky to have the kind of weather that you can exercise outside, I'm still waiting for it to get nice enough to take my indoor exercise out!! Have a good weekend!! A birthday package is on its way (and it is not a box of screws) ..Love,
KFMIL