Thursday, March 03, 2005

Veg Days

So today was one of those days where I really wasn't motivated to do anything. I stayed in bed until 10:30 and then got up went downstairs, and made myself breakfast of oatmeal and an orange. While that may not seem like a big deal for me eating breakfast is a huge deal. I then sat on my but for several more hours watching TV and thinking I should get out and go for a walk. I continued to sit there. I came downstairs a couple of times throughout the day to check my email and to see if anyone responded to my blog, thank you Sandy, and continued to sit on my butt. At 5 I realized I had to get off my butt right then and there or I would not be able to walk while it was still light out. So I ran upstairs and finally got dressed and went for a walk. You know it is amazing how something you dread to do all day can be so enjoyable. I was a bit sorry I didn't go out and do it sooner so I could have walked farther while it was still light. Oh well perhaps now with a trainer I will feel guilty enough to force myself to do the things I enjoy once I am doing them. So now it is 6:30 and I have a ton of energy and not much to use it on. I wish it was a bit warmer out because I would really like to start swimming.

Speaking of my trainer though I had my first session with her on Tuesday and it went great. She pushed me and stretched muscles I forgot existed and since then those muscles are trying to make sure I don't forget them again. I think it is going to be great for me to have a trainer because it keeps me accountable to someone and I feel to guilty letting them down. I suppose the funny part of that is that really I am only letting myself down, but I don't see it that way. It is strange to me how the body works, when you are working out you no longer crave the foods that are bad for you. For me when I am working out regularly not only do I not crave the bad stuff but if for some reason I do and eat it my body rejects it pretty fast and I feel sick. However the opposite for me is not true, watching what I am eating does not make me want to go out and exercise. I start to feel like the lack of my favorite foods is punishment enough and I don't want to have to go out and exercise too. I wonder why that is for me. Anyway for now I am going to focus on getting the regular routine of exercise going and let my body tell me what it wants to eat. The only major thing I am doing with my diet is trying to eat 3 meals a day and only drink 1 caffeinated drink a day. In time I may cut that as well but for now baby steps.

On a very side note I want to say thank you to my future mother in law, it meant a lot to me that you not only commented in my blog but you commented in Brad's blog as "Karin's future Mother in-law" It filled my heart, and I really needed that. So thank you. Brad and I are so lucky to have such wonderful parents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are oh so welcome!! Nice to know my comments get read!!
Keep up the good work and the positive attitude!! It's attractive!! Love, "KFMIL"