Wednesday, December 21, 2005

10 very random things about me

Ok I have seen this on lots of other peoples blogs and while I wasn't tagged it still seemed like fun.

1. When I was in the ladder part of the Barbie years, Barbie ran a whore house and Ken was both a pimp and a John.

2. When I went away to college for the first time on the 450 mile trip I had 2 tires blow out and they were only 12 day old tires.

3. On the first day of Kindergarten the teacher asked if anyone wanted to be called something other than their first name, I raised my hand and said I wanted to be called Shelly. She asked me how to spell it and I didn't know so she wouldn't let me be called that. I didn't know how to spell Karin either but she didn't ask that. She called my Mom and to this day my Mom still laughs at this story.

4. I used to get mad at my older brothers and since they could and would beat me up, I would secretly steal their toys and bury them in the backyard.

5. In 5th grade we had to learn square dancing and I had 3 boys fighting to be my partner.

6. In college a group of us would walk to Circle K at night to get slurpies and what not. One night we had a guy that was visiting the school who I thought was very hot. I was trying so hard to be cool that I wasn't watching where I was going and walk right into a fire hydrant. From then on every night we walked by it everyone jumped in front of it and told me to watch out. Needless to say I never saw the hot guy again.

7. My favorite things about myself are my hair and my eyes, yet neither one of these features ever photograghs very well.

8. I was the tetherball champion of the school. No one could beat me.

9. In highschool I was in a play that wanted me to have very exaggerated breasts so I stuffed them with a pillow. All the guys in the play would come and tweak the pillow as a joke. Well I am naturally very well endowed and one rehearsal I wasn't wearing the pillow and one of the guys tweaked my real breast not realizing until too late I wasn't stuffed.

10. At the drama club pot luck dinner I caught my friendship bracelet on fire while trying to light a candle inducting me into the Thespian Society. The teacher put the fire out and I turned to her and said "See I told you I was having a bad week."

Ok that is it 10 really random things about me you really never wanted to know.

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

that was too funny..

I will call you shelly i ya want..LMAO..

I saw your dress...its beautful..you lucky girl

Karin said...

thank you I love it too. No I no longer wish to be called Shelly, while it is a great name I now love my own.

eyes_only4him said...

ok , good..because I dont think I would remeber to call you that anwyay..shelly..teehee

Karin said...

In fairness my middle name is Michelle so it wasn't completely random. But yes I do see the humor in it now, see how the crazy stuff your kids do will follow them? Who's talken to Dora now?