Monday, December 19, 2005

Magic Mountain

Brad and I have season passes to Six Flags Magic Mountain. I am a rollercoaster junkie so it is nice having the best rollercoasters in the country about an hour away. Brad and I didn't have any solid plans this weekend so off we went to Magi Mountain. The park was practically empty so we got right on to all the rides. Brad really wanted to go on Superman so we had to go all the way around the park up the steep way to the ride because all other routes were closed for the construction of the new coaster. So then we finally got to the ride and waited in the longest line of the day. We finally got on the ride and buckled in. Whoosh we were off, up we went and then down we came. We hurdled backward towards the start thinking our ride was about to end. But alas this was not the case we didn't make it back to the beginning and we began to roll back towards the ramp. The teenagers behind us were getting scared and so Brad decided to do all that was in his power to make it worse for them. We stopped just shy of the ramp and just sat there. Nobody came for us and nothing was said over the speaker. So we just sat there. After about 10 minutes they began to slowly crank us back to the beginning. We got off the ride and went on with the rest of our day. Really not that big of a deal when you think about it. However there was one thing about the situation that bothered me. As we rolled back towards the ramp, we all knew something was not right. The teen behind we yelled out "This is so Jewish" What exactly does that mean? I am very familiar with all the Jewish stereotypes and breaking down is just not one of them. I couldn't help myself so I said back to the little twit, "That is really offensive." Oh I forgot to mention that as we boarded the right one of the teens said something like wouldn't it be cool if Hitler were here? So the second comment was just a little more than I wanted from the little Nazi behind me. So I suppose my lingering thought is what are these kids being taught?

We ended our day at the park with the coolest rollercoaster ever called X. The seats on X rotate with the coaster so that you get the most out of the ride. It is the only coaster out that still makes me scream and laugh at the same time. (apparently it is really something to be heard). If you are a coaster junkie like me I really recommend you try it sometime. If you decide to go to Magic Mountain I will caution you about one thing, do not ride X first. We learned the hard way after you ride X on any given day the other coasters at the park seem boring.

On Sunday we went to Torah study and then out to lunch at Third Street Promenade. We walked around a bit and laughed at street performers. We left there and went to get stuff to make holiday baskets for my clients and some friends and family. I will be baking for the rest of the day today so we can send out the baskets tomorrow. Once we got home it was all hands on deck to get our save the date cards out. I entered all the addresses on my end to then went upstairs to Brad's office and helped pick out the pictures that would go on the card. We looked through 5 1/2 years of pictures and finally found one that we liked and thought was ok for the cards. Does any one else find it sad that we had that much trouble picking a decent picture of us? Well we got the card all designed and loaded with the company online and so they should be printed and mailed out today. I hope so anyway cause then at least it is one thing I know is done and over with. Only about a billion things left to do. Oh well in a few months it will all be over and it will have been worth it. Talk to you later.

2 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

I am a coaster junkie too..

The best place is Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio.u havent lived till you have rode the Millenium..Made me nealry pee myself...

Karin said...

We have talked about renting an RV and doing a road trip across the country going from amusement park to amusement park. Who knows maybe someday we will do it. Cedar Point is definately on our must do list.