Thursday, December 29, 2005

The return

So Brad and I had a great time at my parents. Brad fixed my Dad's computer so it no longer takes 15 minutes to boot up and it now has USB 2 on it so he can properly work his new Ipod. My Dad is now in his happy place. Friday-Sunday was spend with my Mom, my middle brother, and I doing nothing but eating and playing dominoes. Dominoes is a long time family tradition and that usually results in much name calling, accusations of cheating, and remarks about lineage that may not be appropriate coming from your Mother. In other words a great time. Monday my Mom and I went to Sacramento and I tried on my wedding dress. It was perfection, no alterations need to be done other than adding a bustle to fix up the train. It is nice to be a perfect size something I just wish that the perfect size was a few sizes smaller although there is no one to blame but me on that one. After we tried on my dress we went to go see if we could find shoes. I now understand this will be mission impossible so more time will have to be spent shoe shopping. I know a terrible thing to tell a woman she has to do. We then left Sacramento and headed back towards my parents house. We decided to stop at the Vacaville Outlets to see if they might have shoes, they didn't, so much time was spent walking from store to store. It was surprisingly empty for the day after Christmas. We left the outlets and went back home. Brad was hungry so we went and got my favorite thing Round Table Pizza, yummy. On Tuesday my mom and I headed downtown and went to see if Claires had the things to go in my hair for the wedding, they didn't so we went to Mervyns to get my Mom bras and tennis shoes. I got to spend a couple of minutes talking to my best friend while we were at Mervyn's because she is a manager there and was on her lunch break. We left and came back home and began to pack up the car. We used all available space in the MINI but still had room for us so I guess we were successful. We loaded up and pulled out at 2 and arrived home here at 9:30. All in all not that bad of a commute.

I will take a moment however to gripe about one thing that still has me ticked off. My oldest brother is an asshole. There is really no other way to describe it than that. My parents are very generous when it comes to birthdays and Christmas and so they always give each of us a sizable check. While my parents don't really expect anything in return for their generosity a simple card or phone call on Christmas would be appreciated. The asshole and his worthless wife and 4 children didn't even call and say thankyou. I am so mad that my own brother could be such a selfish jerk I really want to punch him in the mouth. It is things like this that make me realize why my other brother and I consider each other our only siblings. I hate that he can still hurt my Mom, I had hoped that after 20 years of him running away that he would grow up and stop hurting her but I guess that isn't going to happen. So as far as I am concerned from here on out older brother you are no brother of mine. I will allow you to be a cousin that is still invited to family functions but that I don't have to deal with but you and your are no longer part of me and mine.

8 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

well it sounds like you had a great time...Your family domino game sounds like something right up my ally..I love playing games..

And your brother is a total douche bag...And I mean that in the nicest way..
:-)

Karin said...

I took it in the nicest possible way. Yes we are gaming fools, it all stemmed from summers with no tv in the country at my grandparents. I hope I teach my kids the same love for family time games.

The Q said...

That's too bad about your older brother, er I mean "cousin". I don't understand people who don't appreciate things.

You really were in our neck of the woods huh? Those Vacaville outlets are about 45 minutes from our house!

Glad you had a nice trip and you're home safe and sound!

Karin said...

Yep I sure was. They are about 45 minutes from my parents house in a different direction. Yes but I do have a really wonderful brother so I guess it makes up some for my "cousin"

Karin said...

well I guess really I feel like even if my mom didn't send a gift at all he should still call on Christmas. It just proves how he somehow never learned manners.

pack of 2 said...

Sorry about your...um...er...cousin???

What a jackass!

I used to have quite a bit of resentment towards my older sister for the way she treated my mom many yrs ago. She did change though...maybe he will too. At least you have one that you are proud of.

Still sucks though:(

Shelly

Karin said...

well I have given him 20 years since he left when he was 17 and things still haven't improved I don't think they will at this point. I am glad your sister turned it around though.

Karin said...

d the big day is may 21st. I can hardly wait. I am sorry your brother is a big baby too, when will they ever grow up.

Everyone: my stupid brother did fianlly call my mom yesterday and apologize for not calling on Christmas. Of course my Mom forgave him and said she understood but quite frankly I don't think she should have.I hope some day he will realize the pain he has caused my parents and will grow up but until then I can only pray that they aren't hurt and be the best dausghter I can be.