Friday, December 16, 2005

The necks just get redder

So I got a call from my mom today and yet again my brother's family has out did themselves in the level of trailer trash ness. My nephew dropped out of school after having failed 8th grade twice. My oldest niece, who has a baby, just dropped out of high school. My youngest niece has now been pulled out of school and will now be "home Schooled" If you have met my sister in law you will know how scary of a proposition this is. The reality of this situation is that none of these kids will ever be able to do anything with their lives. It really saddens me that the expectations for these kids is so low. On the plus side when Brad and I have kids they have a long way to fall to be the family disappointment. I feel embarrassed that this is my family.

Kong was an ok movie. It would have been a great movie if someone had told Peter Jackson that he needed to do some more editing. There was a lot of stuff in the movie that just didn't need to be there or didn't need to be as long. The cool thing about this movie was that we watched it with the guy that plays Lex Luther on Smallville. He looks exactly the same in person except he looks nice and not like an evil genius. Brad was very excited when we were standing behind him at the snackbar. At the end of the movie I saw the name of one of my brother's really good friends in the credits. He used to work for Pixar so I wasn't totally shocked but it is nice to see he is still working and moving up. Brad just thought it was strange when I belted out his name during the credits. Although he had just done it to me with several of his co-workers.

I just talked to the studio I worked with this week and while they will have other smaller things for me before this they want me to put them on the schedule for the entire month of march for catering everyday. I am very excited about this and it is nice to see my little business doing so well. Go me.

I have yet to get any holiday shopping of my own done yet but I got my Mom's done tonight so I guess that is something. I hope that my Dad remembers to take care of my Mom as well. Brad is off tonight with the guys and I am on standby in case ride homes are needed. Man am I a good fiancee or what. Of course he invited me to go but honestly hanging out with his coworkers talking about the latest computer innovation while they all drink and I stay sober to drive just doesn't sound fun. I will stay home watch tv and pick you up when you are done. Then you don't have to keep asking me if I am having fun. Home with the cat's is more my kind of fun honey, sorry. That's it for now we will see if anything exciting happens this weekend.

3 comments:

keesh said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on hte "How To's" of my 3 year old :). I think what hurt me the most is it was a dear friend of mine who made the comment. it was just plain mean what hse said and whenever i am around her I feel like I am trying to prove myself to her.

What do you do at the studio you work for? I haven't read much of your blog yet, sorry, but will :). Thanks again!

eyes_only4him said...

man that sucks about your brothers family...somoen needs to slap him silly and get his family back ...you can just let your kids drop out..geesh...how awful...

I dont like movies..well long movies anyway...I hooe it was worth that time you had to sit there..yikess...

and i just forgot what else i was gonna say..crap;)

Karin said...

Kish- I am a chef so I cater lunch for them. I also help them do data entry when they are shooting motion capture.

Christina- I see blognesia is contagious. I know my brothers family is screwed up. I am greatful they live on the opposite end of the country so I rarely have to deal with them. The movie was ok.