Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Dentist

So today I had another fun filled day at the dentist. Today she removed the broken temporary bridge that I had that was looking oh so ghetto fabulous. Sorry guys I would not have a picture taken of that. I then had the permanate one put in. It sucked as all things at the dentist do but now I have a much better looking smile and there is no gap that is visible when I smile. Needless to say a big improvement, yet expensive. My mouth still feels a little weird but hopefully by tomorrow I will be used to it.

I have been very busy working, which is a great thing, and getting wedding stuff done. I have now gotten dresses for all the bridesmaids, ordered invitations, secured servers, and called the photographer. Last week we got the engagement pictures back. I think it is the first time that I have looked at a picture of myself and not wanted to vomit, so I guess we have a good photogragher. We were suppose to get a disk of the pictures so as soon as I can get that I will post some of the pictures.

My best friend in the whole real world has started to blog. She would love it if you all came by and visited her. Her name is Susan and that is how she is listed on my links. She is called many other things by me so I hope you all don't get to confused. Anyway Susan and I have been friends since 1992, the year I graduated high school. Susan was one of the first people to welcome me into the college group at our little church in Napa. In time I went away to college and a year in half later Susan came and joined me at the same school. We then became roommates the next school year and for two years we lived together and for awhile that experience ended our friendship. A little while after I moved out I realized that Susan was too good of a friend to lose and that we just couldn't live together. We began hanging out again and soon once again were best friends. It was through Susan's encouragement that I called Brad when he gave me his number. Without her I don't know if I would have been brave enough to ever call him or date him. In many ways my friendship with Susan taught me how to love and to be loved and without that I don't know that I would be ready to marry someone. I don't know if she will ever grasp how much I love her and am grateful that she is in my life. I hope that you all will take the time to get to know her and see how wonderful she is. I hope all of you have been blessed with a friend like her.

6 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

i am so glad I have never had to have any major dental work done..I am a baby..and blessed with good dental genes..haha

well I may have to stop by and check susan out..i am always looking for new freinds

Disneysue said...

Gulp.....choke....tears.....uhm....ditto K. I dont know what to say! Cept, love you too!

Karin said...

Christina- well you are a much better denatl patient than me. I went way to long between visits and now I am paying for it. Yes Sue likes it when she gets checked out.

Susieba- well I am only on top of things so that no one will lecture me. I can't stand being nagged so I try to avoid it at all costs.

Pusan- yep I am a sappy SOB. You started it!

Sandy said...

Susan sounds like a friend that you will have for a lifetime! We have many aquaintence in life, but very few true friends, cherish them when you find them..and I don't think I want to hear anymore 'dental' talk,not after my last 24 hours...Oh, yes, I am very proud of you that you have that 'gap' filled and you can show off that beautiful smile!! Lots of love!! KFMIL aka Sandy

Jenn said...

I am trying to get my best friend to start a blog.

That's great you are able to be friends again after living together troubles!

The Q said...

I hope your teeth are doing better!

I went to "visit" your friend Susan's blog. I think it's neat that you guys are friends for so long and you are both blogging! :-)