Friday, February 10, 2006

The Truth

Ok so a lot of you guessed right in that I did think there was another universe with someone exactly like me. This lead off to a lot of other sub categories of fantasies that I won't be going into right now. I didn't walk into a mail box while flirting with a boy, as I posted into an older post I walked into a fire hydrant and my friend's teased me about it ever since. Feel free to ask Susan about that one I think she is still laughing. I hate McDonald's burgers and I don't think I have eaten their beef since I was a kid and it gave me food poisoning, but I do like their fries and their McNuggets though I rarely eat there. The young drinking incident I was 5 or 6 and it was creme de menthe, but the rest is true. I have never tried creme de menthe again. My date to the prom was regular height more or less at 5'6", he was my first serious boyfriend. We double dated with another couple and Brian was a little person. He did do make a wish when we were in junior high but he met his idol John Elway of the Denver Broncos. Because of that I have always liked John Elway and will root for the Broncos.

So yesterday I joined Netflix to finally watch all the chick flicks I have missed because my sig other doesn't really enjoy these types of movies. So I am taking some suggestions on what everyone thinks is a must see movie. Come on girls I want guilty pleasures as well as all time classics. I mean what would life have been like if I had never seen Pretty Woman. Perhaps there are other movies that I have missed that can stand beside that one. Anyway for awhile I will be watching as many movies as possible and I will let you know some of the better finds I find.

9 comments:

The Q said...

I don't watch chick flicks, sorry. I actually don't watch movies in general. Weird, I know. I just can't sit still long enough to watch one. I'm sure you'll get plenty of other "regular" people through here who do watch movies to help you out though :-)

eyes_only4him said...

I didnt think you dated a midget...only my mom does things of that sort:)

Disneysue said...

Ok, here is my list of chick flicks......THe Wedding Singer, Sleepless in Seattle, Rumor Has it (came out to theaters in Jan. so not sure when it will be in DVD), Chocolat, As Good As it Gets, Big, While You Were Sleeping, Bridget Jones Diary (the first one not the second one).

Jenn said...

Well, I'm glad it wasn't the burgers. It sure is interesting what goes through our heads when we are very young, isn't it!?

Once I rented "Iris" and watched it alone, because I knew my husband wouldn't care for that. That was a good movie.

If you haven't seen it, rent the documentary "Born into Brothels." It was excellent.

Unknown said...

I love Jane Austen. Sense and Sensibility and Emma were great films.

Drama-wise, The Hours, The Virgin Suicides and The English Patient are good choices, though the first two are a bit on the depressing side.

Good fun comedies are Something's Gotta Give, Monsoon Wedding.

And the romantic classics, Casablanca and Ghost.

Finally, my personal favorite modern romance films, Before Sunrise and Before Sunset

Karin said...

Susieba- 3 out of 7 is a lot to me. ANd Jd and Christina get partial credit for not understanding the rules. I own both of those movies on Dvd.

Cinthia- welcome, thanks for the choices I have been meaning to see Monsoon Wedding I glad you liked it.

Jenn- Yeah I had some interesting thoughts when I was young glad I am not alone. I will have to try Iris.

Sue- I shall have to try Rumor has it. But I know you have some other more recent picks for me if you think hard enough. Was the second bridget jones bad?

Christina- no I didn't date a little person but Brian was the only one I knew so it wasn't really an option.

JD- yes I will give you partial credit. We will just say you are pregnant and easily confused right now. Not sure what Christina's excuse is. Heehee

Soozieq- I shall let you off the hook as a non movie watcher, besides you are too busy watching your adorable niece.

D- yes indeed you were right. I was looking at Raising Helen as I do like Kate Hudson, now that you recommended it I shall give it a try. I saw Sliding Doors in the theatre years ago. I might need to see that again, I don't remeber it very well.

eyes_only4him said...

haha, my exucse is i have short term memroey probelms and I dont pay attention...its simple;)

oh and i am blonde;)

keesh said...

I suggest 13 going on 30, how to loose a guy in 10 days, In Her shoes (just came out on DVD I think, it wasn't the ultimate best movie, but it was cute). I have not seen Bridget Jobes Diary. I see someone else suggested that. I should rent it one of these days.

Disneysue said...

K~ Bridget JObes #2 wasnt too bad but #1 was better. Your the avid movie goer not me......I go to the movies less than once a month. I'll try to think of more.