Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ballad of Ricky Bobby


Back in early December I was out walking when I saw these cars outside the Sony Studios. I live very near the Sony lot so sometimes you see famous stuff. ANyway I saw all these cars and I didn't know what they were for but knew it had to be a movie. So since I had my camera with me I took several pictures and figured sooner or later I would know what the cars were about. Well these are the cars from Will Ferrall's new movie. This afternoon Brad and I went to see the movie and it was really funny. The kind of movie you have to see several times cause you were laughing so hard you missed parts. I won't say it was intellegent humor but we still really liked it.

After the movie Brad and I had lunch and then we went back to the car because we had lots of errands to do and not a lot of time before the first preseason football game. At the theatre complex the parking spots are really narrow so I stood by the car while Brad pulled out. As I was standing there waiting, I noticed a women looking into the window of a MINI convertable and she was obviously in distress and she was talking to someone or something in the back seat. I went over and asked if she was ok and she told me she had locked her keys in the car and her 2 year old was strapped into the back and couldn't get out to get the keys. ALso he has a very bad ear infection and he is quite upset. I got Brad to stop and pull back into his parking spot and we began to try to help this lady. After making many calls we were told all they could do was tow the car to a dealership and then rekey the car. If we wanted something other than that we would have to break a window. We opted to break the window. So Brad got the tire iron out of the car and began to beat the back passanger window senseless but it would not break or shatter. Normally this would be very impressive but under the circumstances it was frustrating. So another man saw what we were doing and came over. We explained the situation and he said he was a parametic and that we were doing it wrong. SO he wrapped his shirt around his fist and tried to punch out the window. That also didn't work. Then the guy takes the tire iron and uses it to pry the little window down. The window went down into the body of the car and the lady was able to get her keys and open the car and calm the baby. SHe was so happy and grateful to be into her car, especially since moments before she was crying and freaking out.

In this situation I was glad to be able to help and I know she was glad for the help. The funny thing to me is that I don't think anyone else would have even noticed that she was in trouble and Lord only knows how long she would have been there trying to figure out what to do. I know that the reason I noticed is because the car was a MINI and they always draw my attention. Brad and I never go to 11 am movies and we rarely go to that theatre because we like several others far more. I think a force greater than us put us there at that moment to help her and I am glad in moments like that my heart is conditioned to hear the call. We didn't gve her any of our information nor did we take hers so we may never know anything more from her. I think that these types of things are strange and maybe someday we will see the whole picture of the day. Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

PinkCat said...

Wow Karin I believe in the powers above too. What a great thing that you were there.

Take care xx

Disneysue said...

AAAWWEEEE! How cool is that! Just think if you werent Mimi obsessed, you may have just assumed it was another ditz drama and ignored her. ITs sooo cool how little things work together to accomplish a great thing! What a great day you had!

Michele_3 said...

Wow-, I feel for that mom,I know I got locked out of my own house accidently once by getting the mail & my son was inside(a sleeping baby ) & I felt like I was going to die from worrying so much(I had to wait for my family to bring me an extra key)
It was the longest 15 minutes ever!
Your so right, I believe you were there to help that lady-I've had a few guardian angels help me out of no where & it's always a nice feeling to think about afterwards.
Take care!

Anonymous said...

Ok I am hella impressed that you live near Sony studios. I am sure it's like nothing to you though.

Sometimes the act isn't about taking credit for our good doings, it's about paying forward. Random acts of kindness spread like wild fire (or a forest fire in your case lol).

The Q said...

What you guys did was awesome! That lady (and her 2 year old) will be thankful to you guys for a very, VERY long time :-)

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

That lady was super lucky to have y'all there! The power above was definately in her favor!

I want to see that movie. I love stupid, funny movies that you just laugh and laugh at (that way you don't have to think...LOL).

Disneysue said...

Who is Ricky Bobby and what does he have to do with your good deed?

eyes_only4him said...

boy mr shaky pants LOVES will ferral and tells me he is draging me to see the movie..*sigh*.but if u say its funny, i am willing to go..

u guys are super duper..way 2 go:)

PinkCat said...

Karin thanks for your reply on my blog. I too had a good look and I am not taking them there. I wanted to see if Matt had the look but something has always stopped me. Then I thought what is the harm in trying, but after I read the stuff about them I am not going to.

He can be my little model. LOL

I have deleted that post because I don't want to look like an ass and because at the end of the day the boys only have my best interest at heart.

Thanks for looking out for me lovey.

Take care xx

The Mad Hatter said...

I think the man upstair had plans for you to be there that day darling, you and Brad, the 2 angels.

How lucky that lady was to have you both there :-)

Good on you!
Lots of love XxXxXxXxXxXxX

SassyFemme said...

It sounds like you were meant to be there then, guided to be there.

Claire said...

What a great story. Lucky you were there!

PinkCat said...

Tag your it.....


Love ya xxx

PinkCat said...

P.S. I was talking about Starbizz.... remember your comment.