Thursday, August 31, 2006

MY Bad Day

So you know you are going to have one of those days, when at 1:30 in the morning you wake up and realize you had better run to the bathroom not walk. Then when you get to the bathroom your bum explodes. Better yet is the knowledge that this explosion was only the beginning. So being a loving wife I grabbed my pillow and went downstairs to the couch so I didn't keep my husband up all night. I watched movies and tried to sleep inbetween trips to the bathroom. Pixel was very helpful and cuddled up in my arms and purred slightly feel better Mommy. At 8 am the guy came to install a new faucet in Brad's bathroom. (yes we have separate bathrooms, that is how we are happily married) The worker is employed by our association so he kept running in and out to do other things inbetween. Also other workers would come and would walk in to meet him, not what you want when you feel like crap. At 10 the worker came down and in broken English asked if I had removed anything from the new faucets box, no I hadn't even opened it. Well it was missing the flexible hoses and would have to be returned. So I called Brad and yep he had the receipt in his wallet. Brad called home depot and they said it would be no problem for me to exchange it if I talked to Lance. So I threw clothes on and a hat and went to home depot with the faucet. I asked for Lance and they looked at me as if I was asking for a Martian. I explained the problem and an hour later I left with the parts I was missing. I returned home and tried to get a little rest. I took off my baseball cap and for some reason I looked at the inside brim of the cap, what did my wandering eyes see, a flea in the hat I had just had on my head. Needless to say I have been itching my head all day. Let me clarify that I grabbed the hat from inside the garage my house does not have fleas, I took care of them last week! So I am itchy none the less. Then I try to get online from my laptop in the living room and the stupid wireless won't work. So no internet in the living room. So I am about to crawl under the bed and hide until this day is over when the mail comes. What comes in the mail but a card from my bestest friend, telling me how much she loves me and in it she has given me a gift card to Starbucks. You know really it only takes a small gesture to turn a shit day into a good one. Thanks Susan I needed that.

7 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

You sweet thing, going downstairs so Brad can sleep, when I have the trots I make sure fairy hears me, well to be honest while Im on the toilet I shout at her to ask if she can hear me and my toilet noises, Im sure the whole world can hear me though, I have a phobia about being on the toilet with the door closed, I like to be seen and heard, but thats whole other story ;-)

Dont stay under the bed luv, come round here and we can be ill together.

I hope you feel a little better now :-)
Lots of love XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Michele_3 said...

What a day!
Sorry it didn't start out great but it ended good right?
I love it when a bad day ends with a little surprise that will make you smile inside- I call them "Little Blessings"
Take care-
Hope today is a winner for you!

The Q said...

Yay! for surprises in the mail.
Boo! for the squirties at 1 a.m.

Sorry your day started off so crappy (I couldn't resist) but I'm glad it got better.

I hope your weekend is fantabulous!

PinkCat said...

Oh my I am so sorry about your poor Bum... I hope you are feeling better.

On days like that its just best to go back to bed and wake up the next day. Poor you.

What a wonderful friend you have. Just what you needed.

Take care xx

Disneysue said...

Okay MH.........GROOOOOSEEEE!! The good news K is that the day ended and they are only a short 24 hrs long. Actually they are shorter cause for a chunk of it (normal) people sleep, etc...so its really like 15 or something like that. No more cheese for you! Glad my happy had good timing to perk up your ahem, shitty day :)

The Mad Hatter said...

Susan,
;-) I cant help it, it stems from my childhood, honest ;-)
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Sapphire said...

Exploding bums are never fun.

xx