Wednesday, August 02, 2006

They Giveth and they Taketh Away

Well our Karaoke On Demand was very short lived. It seems that the fine people at the cable company decided they would no longer like to service our area and so they sold us to another inferior company with out even telling us first. We lost more than half of the On demand features we had before and several channels that would get any mans panties in a bunch just days before football season. It seems we have lost the NFL network. My Husband is pissed to say the least.

Now on to my on going problems with our stupid lying Wedding Photographers. When I picked up the Thank you cards and the two disks of pictures she promised she would immediately mail out the third when someone came in to the office that knew how to burn a disk. Don't even get me started on what kind of moron can't even burn a disk if that is the kind of business they run. So of course last week Brad had to call them to get them to send the disk. She promised she would be sending the disks that day or the next morning, that was Tuesday. On Thursday morning she called and left a message saying she was on the way to the post office with the disks. Still they didn't come. Their office is a thirty minute drive from here. Finally today the disk came next day express mail meaning they didn't mail it until yesterday, a week later than promised. I hate to be lied to and I really feel in this situation there was absolutely no need for the lie. They also put themselves in a position to have to pay much more to mail a stupid disk. I am tired of their excuses and their lack of professionalism. So we are considering what is the best course of action to take.

Currently I have confined myself to the house. I am not allowed to leave until I have all the thank you notes done and mailed. I then have to pick the photos for all the little albums and get the stupid jerk offs to start making my albums. It may be a very long week. I actually shouldn't even be down here posting but I had to run away for a bit.

So next week I may have gotten myself in over my head, we will see. On Tuesday and Thursday I will be catering dinner for 40-50 people. No I don't have a staff to help me it is all me. It is buffet style so I am ok once the food is made and delivered it is just the making and delivering that will be hard. Think of me and my stupidity if you would next week.

Oh I have been meaning to post about this since my trip and I have forgotten. On my way down to Napa I kept passing big trucks carrying tomatoes. At one point in the road one of those trucks lost half their load and there were tomatoes everywhere. Then I saw garlic trucks and they would occasionally lose a clove or two. Finally as I kept driving I saw that a some point there must have been a lettuce truck because there was a big pile of heads of lettuce. I began to laugh because I had visions of the road kill cafe in my head, and I started a story about the vegetarian hillbilly finding their buffet. Also as I drove I had my Ipod turned on to random and I was playing music loudly in my car. Have you ever been driving down the rode and seen some moron dancing wildly to the music in their car and you just have to laugh at how retarded they are. Well if you have seen that then you have probably just driven by me in all my glory and I am happy to amuse you. How to you not rock out to Bohemian Rhapsody?

16 comments:

Karin said...

Where the hell is everyone today? My post has been up for hours and still no love. My ego is getting severely bruised. I guess all of you are trying to keep me on task with my thank you notes.

Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

Ah the fun of thank you notes....I remember that! I loved doing it though, but I'm a little weird :)

All wedding photographers are buttholes. Don't even get me started...LOL

PinkCat said...

I thought that you were going to say that it could have made a nice salsa.... LOL Poor veggies meeting there end on a freeway.

Rock on is what I say.

Take care

Karin said...

Denise- That is what I have been hearing. I guess they know you aren't really planning on being a regular customer anyway so they don't care after they get your money. I guess you should beware of anything that doesn't depend on repeat business.

Britmum- well if there had been peppers than I defiantely would have said salsa. And oh yes I will keep on rocking.

eyes_only4him said...

sorry, i just got home from work, i am here..simmer down girl.

I do rock out to bohimenan rapsady..love it..

and i would be totally bummed if one minute i hade kareoke then it was gone..damn thats so wrong

Disneysue said...

It truely is a blessing in disguise K! I was fighting with my puter AGIAN! Tell me why we like these stupid boxes again?

The Mad Hatter said...

Your a busy little bee sweetie, keep up the good work.

While your at it can you pop over here and help me make ma's memorial keyrings and print up some pictures of her to give to my aunt for when she's returning to Ireland?

Cheers, your a star ;-)

Lots of love XxXxXxXxXxXxX

michelle said...

Hi! Figured I'd leave you a comment since you left me one! I will do my best to visit your blog, don't always expect a comment though. I have to start restricting myself to a certain amount of time on the computer per day!

And yes Bohemian Rhapsody rocks!

Fairy said...

good luck with the thank u cards..i would like to do catering for special occasions as well when we have the shop,hopefully..fingers cross..

Michele_3 said...

Ok,1st- I agree all wedding photogaphers are indeed butt heads!
I will spare you the nightmare I had..
2nd- how funny was that about all the trucks dropping veggies-for some reason that made me giggle when I thought about it! It sounded like you were starting off a joke..
3rd-Bohemian Rhapsody definitely rocks!
So get back to your Thank-You notes woman! LOL!

SassyFemme said...

Oh I LOVE Bohemian Rhapsody. It's actually one of the ringers on my cell! That catering sounds like A LOT of work for just one person. You have to do all the setup and breakdown, too?

The Q said...

I will be keeping good thoughts for yu next week!!

I'm not even ALLOWED to mention the words "wedding" & "photographer" around my Brother. He gets *that* pissed about it.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ok one, rather they are relying on repeat business or not they are still a business and one customers bad experience can spread like wildfire to thousands of potential clients. That's just bad business technique there!

Two, again they are a business and I am sure have to report to a standard of practice somewhere. I would first start by going to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and file a report, you can also google ways to post reports about bad businesses. Get the word out to as many people as possible, you would be surprised how doing something so little can make a HUGE impact.

And don't worry about being dorky in your car and completely rocking out to your music, I do it ALL THE TIME! Hey if I can't amuse myself then who can I?

Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot to tell you, if you need honest advice about what to do in this case with your photographer you can probably talk to Annex who has her own Photography business. She might be able to help you with knowing how to deal with your person, or atleast guide you in the right direction. Just tell her I sent ya.

Karin said...

Bossy- the only way I know how to simmer is when cooking.

Susan- Because these stupid bowes contect us to the world and you would hate not having it.

Maddy- I wish I could just pop over and help. How but I send mental waves of encouragement.

Michelle- Thanks for coming by. Comment whenever I understand.

Fairy- you will be catering soon enough and then wondering why in the world you ever wanted to.

Michelle_3- I was cracking myself up about the veggies. I suppose that makes me ewasily amused.

Sassy- yes I have to do the set up and break down but that is really the easy part. Getting all the food into the hot box and the hot box in my car on time is the hard part.

D- Oh yes they require you to pay the balance in full before they ever show up for the wedding. So you are screwed.

Angel- The thing is we have already checked into things and they are rated an F with the better business bureau. They don't have all that much power other than rating the business. Also we have gone to several of the wedding boards and they are being ripped to shreds there as well. It was our fault that we didn't research things more thoroughly before we had already hired them, bu t what is done is done. From what I have heard they do eventually give all of the pictures and albums promised just not in the time frame promised. We have taken to logging all interaction with them and noting all the times they haven't followed through when promised. If need be we will take them to court for breech of contract and we do have proof to make a strong case. However if they give us ourt pictures as promised we will have no problems. Thanks for your help.

Sapphire said...

When I lived in California, I hated driving behind those produce trucks. Every time I'd get behind one on the freeway, I'd zip around it immediately. The first time I got behind one, it was full of jalapenos. My car had no a/c so I had to drive with the window down and all I needed was for some peppers to pour out and the juice get in my eyes.