Friday, August 18, 2006

Some times Stupid just follows you

Ok so I decided that I wanted popcorn for lunch today. Perhaps all the corn in Iowa made me crave all of it's varieties. Anyway I popped the corn and when it was done I poured it into a bowl. I had all of the popped corn in the bowl and I was setting down the pan, when all of a sudden one last kernal decided to pop. It flew out of the pan and hit me right in the eye. The force was hard enough to remove skin from my eyelid. So soon I will have a scab on my eye lid. Very attractive I am sure. So like I said sometimes stupid just follows you through out the day.

Today I got a call from a close friend that is beginning to plan her own wedding and is stressing out. She is at the point now where wedding plans are no longer fun. Man do I remember that well and I am so glad our wedding is over. She was trying to find a dress today and left the shop feeling so discouraged. I am glad that I can be there for her now and help her to know she is not alone. It is funny how such a joyous occasion can suck all the life source out of you for months to come.

So ok 3 posts in one day. I bet you all think I have gone crazy.

13 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

God luv make sure Brad kisses you better, sometimes its worth getting beat up just to get the attention ;-)
Lots of love XxXxXxXxXxXxX

Sapphire said...

See microwave popcorn is less violent.

x

Disneysue said...

Who else is gettin hitched? I had a day like that at work yesterday. I kept falling, tripping, dropping things, and forgetting! Somedays, it dont pay to get outta bed!

Anonymous said...

howdy
how married life
need any advice? LOL

PinkCat said...

I had to smirk at being popped in teh eye.. Sorry... I hope you are o.k.

I can remember stressing about my wedding 11 years ago.. LOL

Take care xx

SassyFemme said...

OMG, the popcorn incident sounds horribly painful!

Michele_3 said...

OUCH! I hope your eye is okay- what a freaky accident..
3 posts in one day-LOVE IT!

:)

eyes_only4him said...

popcorn?.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jenn said...

I did not know popcorn was so dangerous! If there is no warning label to "wear protective goggles while eating", you could sue for a gazillion dollars.

keesh said...

I say you email the popcorn company :). Maybe you will get some free popcorn...."one of your kernals popped and hit me right in the eye." yeah, yeah, send it ;)...Funny how things can just happen to us :). I totally tripped last week while cleaning..in front of someone...yeah, nice eh :).

PinkCat said...

I am sorry I laughed. I do hope your eye is much better. It must of hurt like sugar honey iced tea.

Take care xx

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie, sorry about the popcorn in the eye (although slightly funny). I am such a clutz that crap like that happens all the time to me, i've learned to laugh at myself or i'd go crazy!

That's awesome that you are able to be there for your friend, perhaps you will have some soothing tips or techniques for her that could make her life easier.. since you've been there :)

pack of 2 said...

GAWD that had to hurt!!!

YIKES.

Shelly