Friday, February 18, 2005

Freaky Friday

We have a thing at work about Friday's, for some reason Friday all hell breaks lose and it can get rather interesting. It seems as though now we are so used to it happening that when the freak show begins we just shrug and say Freaky Friday. Last Friday I went in and was the first one there. It was 5am and pouring down rain. I unlocked the gate and then unlocked the security door and then unlocked the kitchen door. I went quickly through the door and straight to the alarm to type in my code. I typed it in and it didn't work I tried again and it still didn't work. Ok 1 more time and eeee eeeee eeeeee eeeeee eeeeee. Oh crap what do I do now? I know the alarm company will call but I was never given the secret word so why would they believe me? Ok Karin think what should you do? Well the police will come any minute do you what to be here when they come on a burglary call, Hell no. So get the hell out of there. I walk out the door and close and lock it behind me. I try to call my boss because it is the only number I have in my cell phone and he doesn't answer, so I leave a message. Than I realize I do not want to stand out in the rain waiting for something to happen so I decide that my car is nice and dry so I will sit in it until someone else comes. 30 minutes later my boss, Andrew calls me. He asks where I am and when I tell him I am in my car he asks why I didn't call the Owner. I told him I didn't have her number in my cell phone and he said why didn't I get it from the phone list posted in the office when the alarm started going off. Yeah right Andrew like I was thinking that clearly. He gave me his code and I got in. The police never came. What can I say Freaky Friday.

So today I kept waiting for the Freakiness to begin. In a way the waiting for it is worse than the actual problems it creates. Today however it never hit. I baked off the rest of the cookies and got them chillin in the walk in. I reorganized the freezer and left early. I can only wonder what happened after I left cause it just wouldn't be Friday without the freak show.

No comments: