Saturday, February 19, 2005

I Hate Sears!!!!!

I am normally a pretty patient woman and it really does take a lot for me to lose my temper but today my cool has been blow! The right side of my range is broken and will not self light any more. I called Sears on January 2nd to schedule an appointment to get the range fixed since it is still under warranty until April. When I called it was a week and a half before I could get an appointment. They gave me a four hour window of when they would be here so of course I had to leave work early. Since they were supposed to be here between 1 and 5 they arrived at 4:55. The technician then looked at it and said "Yep it's broken I need to order parts, call when they get here to schedule an appointment." With that he left and my range remained broken. Close to a week later a package arrived and 1 of the parts was there, I called Sears and they said the other parts had been shipped on the 16th and they should arrive in a couple of days. A week later I still had not seen the parts so I called again. They then told me that the parts should have been here by now but they would have to research how the parts were shipped out and give me a call back to see what we could do from there. Needless to say I never got a call back. So on Febuary 8th I called again and was disconnected by there phone system 3 times. I finally got the corporate number and called them. I got through to a customer service rep and she asked me to hold while she called the local office to see how they shipped out the parts. 45 minutes later I was still on hold, she came back on the line and said she was on hold with their office and she asked if she could call me back as soon as they picked up but that she would remain on hold with them. She never called back. I then called again at 5pm and got a rep who then put me on hold to call the other office. 20 minutes later she came back and said that they had shipped the parts out on fed ex and I would need to call them to find out where the parts were. I told her to call them while I was on the line. Fed Ex said they received the package on January 14th but hadn't been able to deliver it because Sears didn't put our unit number on the package. Nobody from Sears ever called them to give them the number nor did they call when I repeatedly called asking about the parts. So now the parts were on there way back to Sears. So the rep at Sears national had the parts sent out to me again. They finally arrived last Thursday. I then called to get a service person out and the earliest they could come was Thursday of this week. As I was no longer willing to take time off from work to wait for them I scheduled the appointment for today between 8 and 12. At 12:15 I still didn't have a technician nor had anyone called to say they were running late so I called Sears, again. The rep said the tech had just left Inglewood and I was his next appointment but he would have someone call me to tell me when they would be here. At 1:15 I still hadn't gotten a call from Sears so I called again. This rep also told me I was next on the list and that they would have the tech call me with a time. I lost my temper at this point and told her I had already been told that and yet no one had called and there really wasn't anything that could compensate the experience at this point. She then said she would note in the system and have someone call me. Great I hung up frustrated. At 1:30 the tech finally called and told me it was raining and he was running late and had to have his assistant come to help him so it would be a couple more hours. At this point whatever thread of sanity I was clinging to snapped. I yelled at the man that no in fact it was not ok that I had already waited 51/2 hours today for him and I have better things to do than wait around all day for him. I have an appointment at 5 and so he had to be here and have my range fixed by 4:30. He said ok he would try to be here by 4:30. I told him no he had to be here by 3:45 because I had to leave by 4:30. He said well I will try. His tone was very unconvincing. I screamed no you will be here. He again told me he would try. At this point I threw the phone across the room. I am sure at some point in it's flight or landing it disconnected. At the very least the battery flew out of the phone so the call must have been lost then. I kinda wonder what it sounded like? I then once again called the national office. The lady filed a formal complaint and she would call the tech and make sure he was here by 3:45. Well something worked because at 2:30 the techs got here. Apparently the one guy drove 45 miles to get to my house even though his next appointment was 5 miles from where he was. I am not sure if he expected me to feel bad about that but let me assure you I didn't. Since the only thing Sears has done through this whole thing is say they are sorry and they aren't sure how this whole thing got so wrong, I will never buy another appliance from Sears again. I hope Home Depot is ready for all of my future business.

3 comments:

NWJR said...

My Dad had a theory that everything he ever bought from Sears was either broken on arrival, or missing a part if it required assembly.

Actually, it was a theory born of experience. It happened every time.

Anonymous said...

actually, my buddy and i hate sears, we work at sears,we are at sears now on their internet. we handle customer problems everyday, as far as repairs go... it seems that customers dont know too much of what they are talking about, but it is true that most of the items are going to break if they are not already broken. if items are found broken on teh truck that it is delivered in, they are sent back to ohio. craftsman does not mean quality, only the handtools carry the lifetime warrenty, and they are probably the only item made in the usa...everything else is bidded out to mexico....quality in mexico...no. cheaply made mass produced items are what you are buying. if you have a problem do not get mad or complain to the guys that load your vehicle...its not our fault. and dont decide to cram anything bigger than a microwave into a car....sears 15*4

Anonymous said...

I hate Sears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In july of 2004 i moved into a new house. I wanted a TV to hang on the wall. So I purchased a TV in Tucson under the pretext that it would be a HDTV. As I looked around the Sears store for a HDTV in the $2,000 range, the salesman Mr Anderson told me he had a customer returned 42" Hitaichi $1000.00 off retail for a total of $2800.00. I couldnt pass it up. So I purchased it. I work out of town 75% of the time so I eventually came around to purchase a DVD player for it a year later. I wanted a DVD player with HDTV quality. Well after I told the DVD player salesman the model of the tv he notified me that it was not a HDTV. My TV has all the hookups and sound quality as HDTV but it is not HD. It is classified as Extended Definition, below picture quality as HDTV. I was furious when I found out and immediately rushed to sears and notified the managers at sears on two different occasions. The said they only have a 30 day return policy. I told them the salesman Mr Anderson either lied to me or was misinformed of the type of television he was selling. I found out they work on commision so whos to say he didnt lead me into thinking it was HDTV. Anyway I made a formal complaint to Sears national customer service after the local managers refused to help. I was told by thier customer service rep that it went into escalations and that the regional manager would call me by next week. Well two weeks go by and i here nothing from sears. I then call customer srvs back and was told someone should of called within 48 hrs. I said it has been two weeks. So I get a call from Lupe the Tucson distict manager a week later. She told me it cannot be returned since its after 30 days. I said what ever happened to the 100% guaranteed customer satisfaction that Sears has as a policy. She had the gall to tell me that I neededd to educate myself before purchasing product at that price. Well now I have talked to my lawyer and plan to sue Sears .