Friday, February 25, 2005

The Little Things

I love Costco. I think that the best stuff is there and it makes me happy just being there. I think if I could I would register there. Today I was shown once again just how great they truly are. I always buy my meat from there and when I come home I spend a great deal of time taking the meat out of it's bulk package and vacuum sealing them into small packages. Well someone at Foster Farms figured out the most people are doing the same thing so now a package of chicken breasts comes individually wrapped. Let me say this small thing was a delight to me. I hate spending the time vacuum sealing all the breasts. I even stood there at the chicken counter going "Oh wow this is awesome!!!" People looked at me a little strange. Well screw them it is the little things that make days great. I than found myself so happy about it that I almost bought 2 large packages, but my better senses took over with phrases like frost bite. So instead I bought one and now offer up this, my salute to the fine people at Fosters Farm, keep up the good work, I appreciate your forethought. Now if they can just convince the red meat packer to due the same.

The second thing about Costco is you never know what you will find. I found that I am the weirdest woman in the world. Most people pick the colors for their wedding by knowing their favorite colors, or maybe by picking brides maid dresses. Not me I found pretty ribbon for 6 dollars for 50 feet and said to myself well there you go those are your colors. I then bought 4 rolls of the ribbon so that I can use it for the favors down the road. Now the math on that says even if we have 200 people at the wedding each person can have a yard of ribbon. So I think I got enough. It is hard to know what to buy and how much. I also feel a little crazy buying stuff for a day that is still so far away, but I figure if I buy a little at a time when I see something it may save on stress later down the road. So now due to my Costco purchase I can say my wedding colors will be light blue, light green, and periwinkle. Those of you that know me can say that isn't all that shocking because 2 of those colors are the colors of my kitchen.

On just the random side of things: I love Spring!!!!! I think it is the perfect time of year. The rebirth of everything. The freshness of the air. The weather is perfect, or at least it is here. All the colors are beautiful. To me Spring is perfection. I wonder if in part my feelings on this are because I am a Spring baby? I guess this is also why I so badly wanted my wedding to be in May, because it seems appropriate to start a new life in Spring. I suppose some of you may disagree with me about Spring and find another season better if this is the case than I open up my comment section for you to place your argument for your preferred season. I doubt your argument will change my mind but I would still love to hear it.

No comments: